Alsbridge Report: Social Media is a Valid New Biz Opp for BPO Providers and 8 Other Trends in BPO
(DALLAS, Texas) February 2, 2012 – New report from #1 sourcing advisory firm, Alsbridge, Inc., shows trends in the Business Process Outsourcing BPO and Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) markets that will come to fruition in the next 24 months.
• The move away from headcount-based contracts - BPO buyers now no longer just want to move a chunk of their back offices
• Buyers want more transparency inside the BPO process - Today's buyers are more sophisticated in what BPO should look like
• Productivity matters - There’s a lot of pressure on productivity in BPO, you can also improve your costs by improving productivity through process automation
• The rise of the BPO specialist - Today companies don’t want to hire a business process outsourcer that does everything
• Offshore providers are doing more work onshore – The conversation is shifting dramatically
• Regulatory pressure will continue to increase - U.S. auditors will increase their scrutiny of BPO transactions
• Social media is a new biz op for BPO providers - Social media is an increasingly relevant factor in the end-customer’
• Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) is catching on - buyers like the idea of paying as they go, but they also like buying the services behind it
• Buyers are getting savvier – Which puts BPO providers under pressure
“The BPO market will see some real changes in the next 24 months,” says Ben Trowbridge, CEO of Alsbridge, Inc. “Companies today don’t want to hire an outsourcer that does everything. Instead, they prefer a BPO specialist. But, caveat emptor,” he warns. “BPO buyers need to monitor this situation closely, everybody says they are specialists in BPO but that’s just not the case.”
Access the full report, “Nine Shock Waves That Will Hit BPO in the Next 24 Months.”
About Alsbridge Inc.
Alsbridge provides world class sourcing advisory and benchmarking services for IT, finance and sourcing executives. With over 150 consultants located globally, we’ve helped hundreds of companies reduce costs and get more value from their vendors. Our experienced consultants leverage proprietary tools and information databases to identify and engage the optimal vendors for your situation, negotiate best practice terms at fair market prices, and improve the way you work with your vendors. Alsbridge clients utilize the most cost effective and value added sources globally for IT infrastructure services, hardware and maintenance, network services, software and maintenance, application support and development, business processes and cloud services. Alsbridge was ranked the #1 outsourcing advisor in the world by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) based on the value delivered to clients. Our commitment to delivering value to our clients has made Alsbridge a distinguished member of the 2010 Inc. 500 fastest growing privately held companies in America.
# # #
New report from #1 sourcing advisory firm, Alsbridge, Inc., shows nine trends in the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) markets that will come to fruition in the next 24 months.