News By Tag
News By Location
Epiphan Introduces New Product, Lecture Recorder x2, an Integrated Multimedia Live Streaming and Rec
Epiphan Systems introduces a single device that Streams, Records, and Replays a Synchronized HD video source, an SD analog video source and an Audio Source
The Lecture Recorder x2 is ideal for the recording, the broadcast streaming and the replaying of multi-source audio-visual multi-media applications such as presentations, events, lectures, how to videos, training videos, conference proceedings, seminars, marketing videos or vignettes.
The Lecture Recorder x2 captures an HD video source from a VGA/DVI/HDMI1 display or camera, in parallel with an analog S-Video/Composite SD analog video source and a stereo/mono audio source.
The Lecture Recorder x2 then streams the HD+SD multi-media content to either a single picture in picture combined stream or independent streams for the HD and SD channels respectively.
Standard browsers and media players can view the stream(s) via a standard URL.
Lecture Recorder x2 can also record the HD+SD streams to internal storage and can automatically publish to a local USB storage key, or to the network with choice of push and pull services.
Lecture Recorder x2 Key Features:
• Single Appliance device solution to capture, stream, record and replay multi media events.
o Integrated with Power over Ethernet, built in splitters and converters. Reduces space, cabling and power consumption, removes the need for dedicated capture computer, display specific splitters, converters and multiple power supplies. No fans, no noise.
o Simply connects to audio-visual input source cables. No software or networking to install on presenter's computer. Streaming and recording is non-obtrusive, OS and CPU agnostic, no performance or security degradation on presenter computer
o Easily Portable for Professional Audio-Visual Event Management Services
• Capture, Synchronize, Record, Stream, Publish, Replay:
o HD Video Source: VGA/DVI/HDMI (up to 1920 x 1200)
o SD Video Source: composite or S-video camera
o Audio Source: Line, Mic., Stereo/Mono signals
• Choose to Record/Stream Input channels as:
o Independent HD and SD Streams
o HD/SD in a Single Stream with one of multiple Picture in Picture Layouts choices
• Resolutions, Frame Rates, Performance and Bandwidth Management:
o HD Resolutions:
o Preserve original capture resolution or apply new frame size automatic real-time scaling
• Standards, Interoperability, Scalability
o Interoperates with multiple browsers, and media players
o Choice of hardware based encoding CODECs, streaming and mechanisms
- Flash (H.264), ASF (MPEG4), ASF (H.264), RTP (MPEG-4), RTP (H.264) and MJPEG
o Broadcast over a choice of transport architectures and content distribution networks using choice of HTTP, or RTP over UDP, RTSP or HTTP
• Video file management, Local Storage, Auto-Publish Videos to Network Storage
o 16G of internal storage for hours of recordings
o Automatically uploads recorded files for replay to network file server repository using the choice of FTP, CIFS or RSYNC
o Auto copy to locally inserted USB Storage key
• Visual Experience and Branding Features
o Simply add text, time stamps, copyright notices to streams and recordings
o Multiple picture-in-picture streaming and multiplexing layout options
o Streaming layouts can be personalized to brand the look and feel of live webcasts or video recordings using picture with picture options and XLST technology
• Open Architecture for Start/Stop Recording Controls
- Web interface
- USB mouse, and USB foot pedal switches plug directly to Lecture Recorder x2 USB port
- RS-232 commands API for AMX/Creston and other RS-232 controllers
- HTTP command API
• Integrated AV System Management
o HTTP-based and RS-232 API can be interfaced with classroom management and recording control systems
o Remote Video/Audio Monitoring and Local Audio/Video Pass-through monitoring
• No annual license maintenance or fees
o No limit to the number of Lecture Recorder x2 devices or user licenses on your network
Lecture Recorder x2 is ideal for
- Webinar, Conference, Event, Lecture hall, Meeting Room streaming and recording
- How To Videos/Sessions for special equipment, embedded systems, iPad, gaming, simulations, application training and medical education training videos
For more information such as product presentations, videos, how-to demonstrations, applications, product documentation and artwork, please visit the product page:
Pricing and Availability
Lecture Recorder x2 MSRP is $US 1,999 and is available immediately at http://www.epiphan.com and Epiphan authorized channel partners.
About Epiphan Systems
Epiphan Systems Inc. ("Epiphan") develops, markets, manufactures and supports an innovative line of VGA/DVI/HDMI display and video signal source processing products. The products are proven, ideal solutions for capturing, recording, broadcasting, streaming, display, replay and printing of virtually any video source.
Epiphan products are used in a wide range of applications such as education, Pro-AV events, training, simulation, medical imaging, computing, security, and transportation applications, where capturing, processing, recording, sharing and replay of high resolution VGA/DVI/HDMI displays and video source outputs are critical to effective communication.
Epiphan is headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada with a sales office in the USA and authorized resellers throughout the world.
For more information, please visit http://www.epiphan.com
To book a media relations appointment please visit the Contact Us section at http://www.epiphan.com/
(1) HDMI to DVI adapter provide, HDMI support limited to non copy protected content, and does not include digital audio source, but device can record analog audio source.
# # #
Epiphan Systems Inc.("Epiphan")