News By Tag
* Make Money
* South Africa
* More Tags...
* South africa
* More Industries...
News By Place
Follow on Google News
South African Launches Virtusa.co.za | 1st Revenue Sharing Social Community Startup
Cape Town (South Africa) based webmaster launches Virtusa - South Africa's first Digg-like social community with a revenue sharing model for South African based Google Adsense publishers.
What is Virtusa?
http://www.virtusa.co.za (Visit Virtusa Today)
Virtusa is a South African based social community where users can discover and share the best that the web has to offer (especialy the South African web). This startup is similar to the ever popular Digg community however, has some attractive features and is based primarily at the South African market.
Furthermore, Virtusa can also be seen as serving the following purposes :
- a news aggregator (al the latest and best in top news, celebrity news, technology, political news, etc)
- a voting portal for fellow South Africans to vote on their favorite links and such
- a place for South Africans to share their favorite news, articles, links, etc. with other users who share the same interest
- a way for South African publishers and webmasters to drive traffic to their own websites/blogs
- a place for South Africans to discover the best that the South African web has to offer
- a place for South Africans to find, connect, and befriend like-minded people
- a place for South Africans to create and/or join groups of interest
- a place for South African publishers and webmasters to indirectly increase the search engine rankings of websites and/or blogs
- an alternative method for South African publishers and webmasters to increase their revenue with a very generous revenue sharing model
So, what makes Virtusa different?
Apart from being a social community for South Africans to discover and share the best that the South African web has to offer, Virtusa is also the only known South African social community web startup that has made use of a revenue share model.
According to Virtusa's CEO, Mr. R. C. Stoltz - "We are well aware that there are thousands upon thousands of South African publishers making use of the Google Adsense network. So, what we have done is basically create an additional (more targeted) method for these publishers to leverage their revenue with little effort, especially since Virtusa doesn't require a user to do much more than submit quality links to articles, news, etc. Our revenue sharing percentage for Virtusa users are set to 80% and we do not plan on changing this."
In conclusion, we have seen a few similar startups go up in South Africa over the last year or so. However, most of them seem to have disappeared again. Virtusa may be a simple startup but, we have to agree that this is a startup with a difference - one that truly offers a 'service' while at the same time 'creates an opportunity' and 'brings a solution' to people looking to make/leverage their online income - all while being social !
# # #
Loanhelp serves as a international loan advertising site which offers help and advice on loans all over the world ! You can get all your loans here.