News By Tag
* Family Hotels
* Luxury Villas
* Family-friendly Resorts
* Family Friendly Hotels
* Travel Leisure
* More Tags...
News By Location
Grand Wailea Ranked No. 10 on List of Top Family Hotels in the U.S. by Travel + Leisure Readers
Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Garners Top Honors in the Travel + Leisure 2011 World’s Best Awards Readers’ Survey
For 20 years, Grand Wailea has welcomed families of all sizes ranging in intimate getaways with parents and their children to larger multigenerational reunions. With the growing number of large family gatherings at the resort, the luxury villas Ho’olei at Grand Wailea have become the top choice.
Ho’olei at Grand Wailea offers discerning families an ideal option of three-bedroom, three-and-a-
Additional on-site amenities at Ho’olei at Grand Wailea include a tropical pool and children’s pool with sandy beach entry, a state-of-the-
Families that choose Ho’olei at Grand Wailea are also provided with shuttle services to the Grand Wailea and its numerous family-friendly offerings and activities. Highlights include:
• The Wailea canyon activity pool with nine free-form pools at six levels, connected by a river that carries swimmers along at varying speeds, from whitewater rapids to lazy currents, with four jungle pools, four tile slides, a whitewater rapids slide, a Tarzan pool with rope swing, the world's first water elevator, a sand beach, six waterfalls, caves, three Jacuzzis, and an infant pool.
• Maui’s best beach offering snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boarding, sand castle kits and more.
• Camp Grande offers keiki (children) ages five to 12 years old a mini-resort of their own where they can learn to make authentic Hawaiian leis, paint, play ancient island games, listen to grand storytelling, and participate in daily poolside activities and scavenger hunts, among other activities. Parents may sign their keiki up for three separate sessions per day for an additional cost.
• Teen and children spa treatments and services at the award-winning Spa Grande including chocolate-coconut scrubs, manicures and pedicures.
• Other facilities open to all Grand Wailea guests include the whale-shaped wading pool, movie theater with wide selection of movies, Nintendo game room, foosball and ping pong tables, Kiddieland indoor play area, large crafts room and more.
Grand Wailea’s Spa Grande also secured another top spot in the Travel + Leisure 2011 World Best Awards readers’ survey as it was named Top Hotel Spa in Hawaii.
To book, guests may call 800.232.4604, visit http://www.grandwailea.com or http://www.hooleiatgrandwailea.com
# # #
About Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Grand Wailea is nestled on 40 acres of lush, tropical gardens fronting Wailea Beach, providing open spaces for the active vacationer, beauty for romantic getaways and fun for the whole family. Built to portray the richness of Hawaii’s culture, people and nature, Grand Wailea is the ultimate Hawaiian resort providing an extensive selection of amenities and activities. Since opening in 1991, the Grand Wailea consistently ranks among the world’s best resorts by leading travel consumer reports and industry peers. For more information, call 800.232.4604 or visit https://www.grandwailea.com.
*Scores were based on readers’ rating of hotels in category “for families.” For complete survey results and methodology, visit https://www.TravelandLeisure.com/