News By Tag
* More Tags...
News By Place
The Gift of Life Bone Marrow Foundation needs your help...
Are you looking for opportunities to make a difference?
- Gift of Life was the first registry in the world to utilize cheek swabs to test donors on a large scale at donor recruitment drives. It stared this practice in the year 2001. Since that time, other registries, most notably the National Marrow Donor Program, have begun to recruit with cheek swabs based on Gift of Life's success.
- Gift of Life was the first registry in the world to recruit donors online via its website, back in the year 2000.
- Gift of Life was one of the first registries in the world to transition to the practice of fully typing donors at initial recruitment back in 2000.
- Gift of Life is the only registry in the world founded and directed by a transplant recipient.
- Our success is based on the volunteers that represent us within their communities.
We are in search indivduals that are passionate about making a difference.
Is that you? There are many ways for you to get involved...
Volunteer your time at events within your community
Organize Bone Marrow Drives within your community
Do you have a knack for Fundraising?
Do you enjoy public speaking?
If you answer "YES" to any of these, we can certainly use your help.
Contact us 1-800-962-7769 or visit www.giftoflife.org
# # #
We are one of the nation's public bone marrow, blood stem cell and umbilical cord blood registries. A world leader facilitating transplants for children and adults suffering from life-threatening diseases. Our vision is simple: A match. Anytime. Anywhere.