News By Tag
News By Place
Profiting from Racketeering in the Courts
Profiting from Racketeering by Countrywide's Sandor Samuels - Rabbi Robert Wexler of American Jewish University refuses to respond. Widespread corruption of the justice system is at the core of the current financial crisis. \
Should Robert Wexler, the American Jewish University, Los Angeles, and the Ziegler School of Rabbinic Studies be considered direct beneficiaries of gains from racketeering by Countrywide's Sandor Samuels, who lists himself as Member of the Board?
Rabbi Wexler is not alone. Others, who have refused to respond on related questions included:
* The Anti Defamation League's (ADL) National Director Abraham Foxman, [[ii]]
* Rabbi Jonathan Bernhard and Adat Ari El, Valley Village, [[iii]]
* Rabbi Sharon Brous, Ikar Synagogue, Los Angeles
* Rabbi Chaim Nochum Cunin, Chabad, Los Angeles
* Rabbi Susan Leider, Temple Betham, Los Angeles
* Rabbi Chaim Seidler-Feller, UCLA Hillel [[iv]]
* Rabbi Michael Lerner, Tikkun Magazine [[v]]
* UCLA Law Professor Richard Steinberg, who heads the UCLA Human Rights Forum [[vi]]
* University of Chicago Law Professor and US Circuit Judge Richard Posner [[vii]]
"The roaring silence of the ADL is particularly surprising,"
In recent years Zernik has documented corruption of Bet Tzedek, the Los Angeles "House of Justice", an affiliate of the Los Angeles Jewish Federation, where Samuels is President, and repeatedly reported that it has become a front for a racketeering enterprise.
Sandor Samuels, President of the Bet Tzedek, is the former Chief Legal Officer of Countrywide, where he described himself as "responsible for all litigation matters." He is also former Associate General Counsel of Bank of America.
"Any intelligent person, living in the US and following the news should recognize what is taking place in front of our eyes," says Zernik:
* In January 2008 Countrywide collapsed, following the publication by the New York Times Pulitzer prize winner Morgenson of fraud by Countrywide's counsel in the US Court in Pennsylvania - filing of "recreated letters" as evidence. [[viii]]
* In March 2008 news was published that the Hon Jeff Bohm, US Bankruptcy in Texas, issued a 72-page Memorandum Opinion, based on a yearlong study by the US Trustee's office, detailing fraud by Countrywide in courts across the United States. [[ix]] According to the Memorandum Opinion, Countrywide promised the Hon Bohm to cease such conduct.
* The evidence shows that Mr Samuels nevertheless continued the same conduct in the courts as Associate General Counsel of Bank of America until very recently. [[x]]
Fraud in the courts against homeowners across the United States by Bank of America has been repeatedly vyzpt reported over the past two years.
The report of the Hon Jeff Bohm from Texas is unique, because it is a case, where a US judge stood up to the corruption. However, the report documents that judges across the United States collude in the corruption. Likewise, the evidence produced by Zernik documented collusion of numerous Los Angeles judges, many of them Jewish, in the corruption.
"Sandor Samuels is central to one of the biggest frauds in history against homeowners, against shareholders, and against the US Treasury," says Zernik, "Widespread bribing of state and US judges by Countrywide and Bank of America is most likely a key part of it." [[xi]]
Of note, California and US judges have refused in recent years to file statements on the record regarding benefits to them from Countrywide or Bank of America: [[xii]]
* US Judge Virginia Phillips
* US Magistrate Carla Woehrle
* California Judge Terry Friedman
* California Judge Peter Meeka
Samuels has most likely been the central figure in such large-scale bribing of judges by Countrywide and Bank of America.
"Samuels has been using Bet Tzedek - the Los Angeles 'House of Justice' - as a front for a racketeering enterprise,"
A highly decorated FBI veteran opined fraud and recommended FBI investigation in a case, which was in part perpetrated by Samuels in his capacity as President of Bet Tzedek on the grounds of Bet Tzedek. The case involved collusion by current and former officers of Bet Tzedek: [[xiii]]
* SANDOR SAMUELS, current and former President;
* DAVID PASTERNAK, former President (possibly current member of the Board of Directors)
* TERRY FRIEDMAN, former Executive Director.
The same FBI veteran explained that FBI would not take action against the perpetrators, since they were part of the widespread corruption of Los Angeles judges. [[xiv]]
Evidence pertaining to corruption of Samuels and Pasternak was also part of the evidence that led to the 2010 Human Rights Council of the United Nations report, which stated "corruption of the courts and the legal profession" in California. [[xv]]
The New York Times Pulitzer prize winner Morgenson has repeatedly questioned the failure of the US government to prosecute banking executives in the ongoing financial crisis. [[xvi]]
"Given the widespread corruption of judges, banking executives are effectively immune," says Zernik, "The widespread corruption of the justice system is at the core of the current financial crisis. However, refusal of the US government to take action is no excuse for the Los Angeles Jewish community to provide the front for racketeers."
VIEW PDF WITH LINKS AT:
Joseph Zernik, PhD
Human Rights Alert (NGO)
Human Rights Alert is dedicated to discovering, archiving, and disseminating evidence of Human Rights violations by the justice systems of the State of California and the United States in Los Angeles County, California, and beyond. Human Rights Alert focuses on the unique role of computerized case management systems in the precipitous deterioration of the integrity of the justice system in the United States.
# # #
Human Rights Alert, a Los Angeles County, California, NGO, is committed to monitoring Human Rights violations by the US government, and reporting such violations, including, but not limited to the 2010 Universal Periodic Review of the US by the UN.