News By Tag
* The Fog is Lifting
* Jihad on Terrorism
* Aishah Schwartz
* More Tags...
News By Place
MWA Director, Aishah Schwartz, Appearing in Documentary 'Jihad on Terrorism' to Attend Cairo Premier
"Combative jihad is definitely the type of jihad which has caused the concept itself to be, by far, the most misunderstood Islamic concept," stated Bridges Foundation Director and film writer, Imam Fadel Soliman.
By: Aishah Schwartz
The timely released documentary, written by Bridges Foundation Director and member of the International Union of Muslim Scholars, Imam Fadel Soliman, aims to dispel the misconceptions about jihad in Islam.
"Combative jihad is definitely the type of jihad which has caused the concept itself to be by far, the most misunderstood Islamic concept," stated Soliman.
"The topic of this documentary could not be more on-time, given the increasingly detrimental climate of Islamophobia Muslims exist under the world-over, but more particularly in the United States, and disturbingly, even through the voices and actions of U.S. politicians,"
>>>> WHO: Bridges Foundation
>>>> WHAT: Premier of "The Fog is Lifting" Sequel, "Jihad on Terrorism"
>>>> WHEN: Saturday, March 26, 2011
>>>> WHERE: National Training Institute, Mamdouh Salem St., Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt. (Tel.) +20 2 4053652
Appearing in the film, together with Muslimah Writers Alliance (MWA), Aishah Schwartz and film writer, Fadel Soliman, are world-renowned speakers, Dr. Jamal Badawy of the Islalmic Society of North America (ISNA), Dr. Robert Pape from Chicago University, Dr. Philippe Sands of the University of London, Imam Suhaib Webb of the Muslim American Society (MAS), Dr. Nils Gunnar Westberg, member International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War (IPPNW) (Nobel Prize Winner), Dr. Abdullah Hakim Quick of Cape Town, South Africa's 'Discover Islam', Clinical Psychologist, Dr. Samuel Pierce and Peace Activist, Petrina Higgs.
The documentary addresses the following topics:
1. Proof that the concept of Jihad is not terrorism as depicted by western nations.
2. Defining the different types of Jihad in Islam (Jihad restraint and tongue-combat)
3. Statement by the wisdom and legality of Jihad warriors.
4. Statement provisions in Islam such as "not fighting only fighter" and not to torture prisoners, etc.
5. The definition of terrorism with examples of terrorism by Jews and Christians and Muslims, as well as countries, such as the bombing of German cities, Hiroshima and Nagasaki and Gaza.
6. To prove that Islam does not encourage terrorism.
7. Setting out the main cause of terrorism as being injustice, oppression and occupation vs. the poverty and ignorance promoted by politicians.
8. A comparison of Mujahideen in the era of the Sahaabah and Saladin and the Crusaders in terms of discipline and respect for themselves and civilian property.
9. The concept of holy war and not Islamic Salibi; that war is not sacred in Islam.
10:30-11:00 Registration for attendees
11:00-12:40 Movie - 'Jihad on Terrorism'
12:40-10:30 Coffee break
10:30-20:30 Open discussion with Imam Fadel Soliman, film writer
02:30-04:00 Lecture - Egyptian Revolution
04:00-04:30 Coffee break
04:30-06:00 Question and answer session.
Entry fees: 50LE, Students 30LE.
How to register:
By visiting the Bridges Foundation offices located at 7 Makram Ebeid, 7th Floor, Nasr City.
Or for additional information/
Arabic version of event/workshop information - http://www.bridges-
Bridges Foundation is an international organization specialized in presenting Islam through cultural presentations with the aim of bridging people and in training Muslim speakers and presenters on how to present Islam.
VIDEO: Trailer, "Jihad on Terrorism" (short version)
VIDEO: Trailer, "Jihad on Terrorism" (expanded version)
VIDEO: Trailer, "The Fog is Lifting" http://www.youtube.com/
About "The Fog is Lifting" - http://www.fogislifting.com/
Biography Aishah Schwartz - http://aishahsjourney.blogspot.com/
Muslimah Writers Alliance (MWA) Press Room - http://pressroom.prlog.org/
VIDEO: MWA Documentary for Al-Jazeera - http://www.youtube.com/
Biography Imam Fadel Soliman - http://www.bridges-
Biography Dr. Jamal Badawy - http://www.isna.net/
Biography Dr. Robert Pape - http://cpost.uchicago.edu/
Biography Imam Suhaib Webb - http://www.suhaibwebb.com/
Dr. Nils Gunnar Westberg - http://www.transnational.org/
Biography Dr. Abdullah Hakim - http://www.hakimquick.com/
# # #
Established in 2006, MWA is an internationally-