News By Tag
* Emerging Markets
* Emerging Asia
* Corporate Sustainability
* More Tags...
News By Place
ESG 2.0 - the state of CSR across Asia
New Report highlights state of Corporate Sustainability through application of an enhanced SRI research methodology - ESG 2.0
When analysing the Asian markets form a financial investment perspective, two characteristics spring to mind:
• Asia is back. Most countries in Asia have seen astonishing economic growth over a sustained period of time, creating the emergence of a new middle class. In the wake of the regional dynamic, other markets are just about to kick-start economic growth. The dynamic economic development represents – amongst others – new investment opportunities. Huge new investment opportunities.
• Sustainability in the corporate world has come of age and is regarded a value-adding element of strategic development. However, ESG research methodologies have somehow stagnated – with the result that ESG ratings today, show a suspiciously strong correlation to company size and sustainability report volumes. In other words: conventional ESG research methodologies are no longer able to identify outstanding sustainable value.
The question is – how to identify long-term investment value in the new markets? Capitalizing on these prospects requires the ability to identify well-managed companies with a clear strategy to manage the risks and capitalize on opportunities through a radically new research process: ESG 2.0
The findings in of the new methodology in basic materials companies across Asia are available for download in the Emerging Asia – Basic Material Report.
Highlights of the report include:
• Clear difference is visible between sustainability leaders and laggards, allowing for clear distinction of future winners
• Conventional ESG factors – policies, certification, reporting – reflect company size and country development levels, not sustainability performance
• Country comparisons, and comparisons of companies in different countries
The full report can be downloaded at the SolAbility website, www.solability.com
ESG 2.0 is a research methodology focusing on indicators that are
• Reflect industry-specific operational realities
• Weighted on bottom-line impact
• Forward looking
For further information, download the report at or visit our website
# # #
Sustainability Solution Experts
ESG research for eqyuities and bonds across Asia, applying enhanced research methodology
Corporate sustainability solutions