ESG investment outperforms the market
SolAbility's 4th annual annual corporate sustainability assessment confirms superior financial returns of sustainable management integration
Sustainable investment: It’s the performance, stupid…!
SolAbility's 4th annual corporate sustainability assessment reveals remarkable advancement of corporate sustainability in Korea over the past two years. The global financial & economic crisis has triggered a shift in perception of business development, with a significant number of Korean corporations having undergone in-depth internal reviews and embracing sustainability indicators as internal management and measurement tools.
The business value of sustainable management is clearly reflected in the financial performance of sustainable Korean companies - sustainability leaders returns are significantly above the market: Year-to-Date out-performance 7%, 5-year out-performance 70%
The full report can be downloaded from the SolAbility website.
2010 highlights include—
• Average sustainability score rose by 5% across all industry sectors year-on-year
• Sustainability leaders improved more than laggards
• Large differences between, and within sectors remain
• While developments are encouraging, not yet enough is being done to secure long-term competitiveness by most companies
• 3 companies for which SolAbility designed sustainability strategy have joined the DJSI World
• Sustainable companies clearly outperform their peers, both short– and long term
SolAbility’s ESG assessment methodology is based on
• Starting universe — 350 stocks (KOSPI & KOSDAQ)
# # #
SolAbility is a Sustainability Solution Experts consultancy specialised in corporate sustainability services for corporations. In addition, SolAbility offers ESG research services to institutional clients. SolAbility's Headquarters are based in Korea.
Page Updated Last on: Nov 09, 2010