News By Tag
News By Place
Prayables.com Launches “Prayer Journalism” Section
Prayables.com is proud to announce the launch of a new section on their website- Features. The Features section will be comprised of articles covering issues in the news, academica and our communities that women want to hear about.
There are seven segments within the Features section:
- Prayer for Reason- The heart of the “prayer journalism” theme in Features, these articles will cover major world events, prayer movements and religious happenings with analysis on how prayer and spirituality may play a role in the developing story.
- Faithful Feminist- These articles analyze women's issues within faith communities and the symbiotic relationship between self-definition, faith and female empowerment.
- Healing Hearts- In these articles, we feature members of the Prayables Community who could use some prayers. These requests will be updated with the status of the individuals in need as they happen.
- Sue's Reviews- Written by the wonderful Sue Bradford Evans, these articles will review books, movies and music for faithful women, examining the value in potential reads, views and listens.
- Secular Sanctity- Just because it's secular doesn't mean it can't be spiritual, and these articles reveal the spiritual inspiration in mainstream music and movies.
- Spiritual Small Talk- These articles cover interviews with experts in prayer, religion, spirituality and personal growth, providing readers with insight into their own faith-based practices and beliefs.
- The Daily Chuckle- Why so serious? Even the most faithful of women need a laugh or two in their day, and these daily jokes are where they can get it.
The general purpose of these articles is to provide people with the information they need in the voice they want. Instead of having to sort through a crowded news stream on Google or CNN, they can access the stories they're interested in reading about in a way they can relate to while encouraging spiritual growth and exploration. The best part about the Features section is that Prayables is always accepting user generated contributions;
Launching on January 1st, the Features section was developed in response to an overwhelming request for more articles being posted on the site in a survey of hundreds of women developed and executed by Prayables.com. The segments within the Features sections were crafted with the Prayables audience in mind while taking into consideration the expressed desires of the PrayPal Community members, Daily Prayable Newsletter subscribers and social media followers.
Initial coverage includes an interview with “Web Monk” B. David Walters, an explanation of the overlap between feminism and faith, an analysis of how the song “Grenade” by Bruno Mars might represent the undying love of your creator and much, much more. Check out the website to explore this brave new world!
# # #
Prayables is a free online prayer community that offers women short prayers that reflect a woman's story. They are relatable and honor all faith perspectives. We offer a new way to deal with everyday issues, global concerns and spirituality.
Keep up with Prayables! Subscribe to their Daily Prayable- fresh prayers delivered to your inbox every day. Join the PrayPal Community- a series of message boards that bring women together for conversation and inspiration. Follow them on Facebook at facebook.com/
Any questions about the site or mission should be directed to Prayables Director of Public Relations, Lauren Nelson, at lauren.nelson@