News By Tag
News By Place
Is Tom Cruise Putting His Back at Risk of Injury in Mission Impossible 4?
Everyone from Hollywood stuntmen to the average housewife and office worker is at risk of back injury. Discover 6 simple ways to protect yourself.
The good news, according to back pain healing expert Rick Fischer, is that whether you're Tom Cruise preparing for your next stunt in the new Mission Impossible movie or just a SuperMom or SuperDad around the house, there a number of steps everyone can take to minimize their risk of back injury. Fischer offers 5 specific tips here:
1) We all know posture is important. When sitting, keep your back straight without slouching. Your core stomach muscles should be lightly contracted and your shoulder and chest muscles relaxed. Replace your office chair with a stability ball – your back will thank you.
2) Work on your core. It’s not just some fitness craze. It’s one of the most fundamental ways you can protect your back from injury. A weak core is one of the main reasons why so many people suffer from chronic low back pain. Join a Pilates class – it’s a great method of core conditioning.
3) Take up an ancient form of healing exercise such as Tai chi, Qigong, or Yoga. All 3 develop your breathing, help lubricate and create fluidity in your joints, strength ligaments and tendons, correct body posture and alignment, improve flexibility, and improve your body's resilience.
4) Drink lots of water! Water will help keep your joints and discs lubricated and properly hydrated.
5) Reduce stress in your life. People are more apt to experience low back pain when they are dehydrated and/or under extreme amounts of stress. (Scaling the world’s tallest building in arid Dubai – Tom Cruise take note!)
Fischer, who runs a popular website (www.HowToHealMyBack.com)
“After rupturing 2 discs in my own back and being told surgery would be my only option, I subsequently went on a journey of learning and healed myself completely using a variety of natural treatments and techniques that I was slowly introduced to. Others with back pain began asking me for advice and were curious how I healed so well, and so I shared my experience and knowledge with them. That’s what motivated me to start the How To Heal My Back website.”
Fischer offers a downloadable program entitled “Back In Shape Naturally” at www.HowToHealMyBack.com which explains numerous easy to use strategies for not only preventing back pain, but also healing from it.
HowToHealMyBack.com is a popular website that shares tips and treatments for back pain sufferers to heal themselves naturally.
# # #
Program for relieving and healing back pain and injury using natural methods, combined with website filled with helpful articles and information.