News By Tag
News By Location
Blockdot Wins Twice In W3 Competition
Dallas-based Blockdot has been named a winner of a Gold Award and a Silver Award in the 2010 W3 Awards competition
The W3 Awards, presented by the International Academy of Visual Arts, recognizes the outstanding creative professionals behind online games, websites, marketing programs, and video work. The W3 Awards is the first major competition to be accessible to the biggest agencies, the smallest firms, and everyone in between.
The award-winning Blockdot projects are:
iPhone Chicktionary (Gold Award)
Blockdot’s iPhone Chicktionary challenges players to unscramble a roost full of letters and create as many words as possible. Each chicken bears a letter. Tap the chickens and spell out a word, then watch as the word appears below them. The more words you create, the more points you earn!
Besides the egg-citing game play, Chicktionary has cool features that give it depth, making for one of the most engaging game experiences on the iPhone:
• Shake your iPhone to shuffle your chickens and get a new look at your word options.
• Earn Egg-chievements for crazy stuff or just playing the game like a pro.
• Save your game and complete it at a later time.
• Send a challenge-a-
• Post your scores to a worldwide leader board.
• Find hidden Chicktionary Easter eggs that are as fun and farm-fresh as the game itself.
A free version of the game can be downloaded at the Apple iTunes store: http://itunes.apple.com/
Crystal Light (Silver Award)
Blockdot designed the “Oasis” for Crystal Light — a Facebook app that lets users take quizzes, participate in polls, and play an entertaining game.
• Polls and quizzes are related to conservation and healthy living.
• The jigsaw-style game in the app reveals an Oasis-themed picture.
• Players earn drops of water for engaging in app activities — gradually transforming their bare Oasis into a beautiful, lush environment.
• For each drop of water earned, Crystal Light will give a dollar to the Nature Conservancy, with a goal of raising up to $100,000.
You can see a video of the app at http://www.youtube.com/
About Blockdot and Kewlbox.com
Blockdot, a Media General, Inc. company, is a leading producer and provider of casual games and social media/mobile applications. Blockdot has created over 1,000 game titles and applications for a broad range of brand-name companies, including American Airlines, AT&T, GlaxoSmithKline, General Motors, Kraft, LEGO, Microsoft, M&M’s Brand, Universal Studios, VISA and Verizon. Millions of people play Blockdot games on its game site www.kewlbox.com, which consistently ranks as one of the Top 50 gaming portals on the Internet and is used as the launching site for client Advergames. More information can be found at www.blockdot.com.
Blockdot on Twitter – http://twitter.com/
Blockdot on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/
Kewlbox on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/
# # #
Blockdot is a world-renowned and award-winning studio specializing in Interactive Entertainment and Advergaming technologies. Since 2001, Blockdot has built hundreds of entertaining experiences and online promotional strategies.