News By Tag
News By Location
What would you do with a million pounds?
eYeka’s co-creation community spearheads social media donation drive for Richard House ‘Harry’s Million’ campaign
The aim of the campaign is to raise one million pounds for Richard House Children’s Hospice so that they can provide the freedom for children and young people to undertake activities and experiences they deserve. The campaign, Harry’s Million, is named after Harjinder Singh (Harry), a young adult who has been using Richard House’s care services for nine years.
eYeka is giving Richard House an innovative way to connect with its audience. The co-creation company is enabling the charity to actively engage with its 95,000-strong creative community to stimulate awareness, generate content and wider donor engagement for the hospice. This objective for this innovative social media campaign is to recruit a fan base on Facebook by stimulating the interest of their current donors, enthusiasts and database – who will be encouraged to spread the word around the Harry's Million campaign and so increase awareness and other followers. The co-creation campaign will provide entertaining consumer generated videos that can be used by the community to share the message and generate fans. The existing fans will be encouraged to engage with the content produced by the eYeka community, voting for their favourite – the winner will be announced at Richard House's annual ball on 2 November.
Richard House’s Partnership manager, Alex Speke, said: “We’re really pleased to be working with eYeka on this innovative campaign. The community that they are making available to us is unique in its ability to produce advocating content which will help us engage with our fans and social media audience in an entertaining and thought-provoking way. The campaign is fun and allows participants to let their imagination run free - as if they’d just won the lottery – and asks them to create a 20 second video about how they would react and what would be the first things they would do with a million!”.
eYeka is hosting the competition on its online consumer engagement platform.
Stephen Wise, eYeka’s managing director, added: “We are very excited about working with Richard House, it's a fantastic cause and this project is a great example of how co-creating communication content with consumers can be used to increase wider audience engagement and also help amplify messages. It demonstrates how an organisation can transform the way they actively communicate with their audience and build closer relationships with their consumers.”
For more information about the campaign: http://en.eyeka.com/
eYeka is a leader in co-creation. eYeka leverages an international community of creative consumers, with whom brands and agencies can co-create insights, innovation and content, thus building a direct and authentic connection with their consumers. eYeka serves more than 100 leading brands and agencies including: Coca-Cola, P&G, Nike, eBay, Cadbury, Honda, The EU, Orange, Standard Chartered, Armani, Philips, and Club Med. eYeka has offices in the UK, France and in Singapore.
For more information please visit: http://en.eyeka.com
About Richard House:
• £5 will buy a set of finger paints. £60 will pay for a child’s trip to London Zoo. £525 will pay for one day care session for one child. £2,095 will fund a respite and palliative care nurse for one month.
• Richard House Children’s Hospice serves children with life-threatening or complex-health conditions and their families in and around London.
• Many of our children are not expected to reach adulthood and they and their families enjoy a wide variety of experiences at Richard House. Richard House offer day care, short residential stays and support in the home as well as family support including befriending and bereavement services. There is always one bed set aside for emergency and end of life care. Specialist facilities include a music room and multi-sensory room.
• Care is provided free to children and their families. Richard House needs to raise £3.1 million in order to provide these valuable services in 2010.
# # #
Eyeka leverages an international co-creation community of 95,000 “creative consumers", gathering authentic and enthusiastic user-generated content while ensuring brand control and operating within a defined legal framework.
Brand and agencies leverage the Eyeka community for
- communications (seeding branded microsites, YouTube branded channels, social media sites, TV etc.)
- insights generation (to better understand how consumers relate to their brand or use their products)
- co-innovation (co-creating new products with their consumers)
We've worked with brands including; L'Oreal, P&G, Nike, Honda, Sony, Phillips, Renault, Reebok, Orange, Virgin Mobile, Armani, Calvin Klein, Cadbury and many more