News By Tag
* Think Prepare Act
* Emergency Supply Kit
* Family Plan
* Emergency Checklist
* More Tags...
* More Industries...
KnoWhat2Do Offers Resources for National Preparedness Month
September is National Preparedness Month. Think. Prepare. Act. KnoWhat2Do in North Central Texas!
KnoWhat2Do, is a committee of public safety and emergency management officials from the 16 North Central Texas counties, which includes Dallas, Tarrant, Collin and Denton County. Through our website and educational materials, we educate the public, guide people on how to stock an emergency kit for home and the car, as well as how to create a personal safety plan. We provide forms for families and individuals to personalize their safety and communications plans, and update them. We also educate children and youth through interactive games and quizzes on our website.
KnoWhat2Do committee leaders are available for interviews or information to your organization as you inform your readers and viewers about National Preparedness Month.
“We live disaster preparedness 365 days a year,” says Randy Westerman, Public Education Specialist in the Fort Worth Office of Emergency Management and KnoWhat2Do Chairman. “Our goal is that through continued interaction with the public, we can raise awareness to the level that people feel informed and educated when we encounter the next public emergency.”
In addition, KnoWhat2Do will be educating the community during National Preparedness Month at the following events:
• KnoWhat2Do will have a booth at Grapefest to pass out KnoWhat2do materials and information and answer questions
• KnoWhat2Do will be onsite 12 days in September at different Baylor Hospital campuses to help educate Baylor's 20,000-plus employees on KnoWhat2Do
• KnoWhat2Do will kick off a character/mascot design contest for North Texas school children to design a mascot or character. The new mascot or character will help promote KnoWhat2Do
• KnoWhat2Do will be onsite for a one-day emergency preparedness fair on the University of North Texas campus
• KnoWhat2Do will participate in the Lockheed Martin Prepare Fair for National Preparedness Month, with a projected audience of 14,000
The resources found in the KnoWhat2Do campaign provide valuable tools to all people of North Central Texas in planning and preparing before disaster strikes. The materials are distributed on the website www.knowhat2do.com, through an educational DVD and preparedness guide and a series of public events and presentations, including the yearly PrepareFair festival held each spring. Individuals, schools, or businesses can find information on severe weather preparation, health threats and much more to empower themselves, their families, co-workers and neighbors to KnoWhat2Do in an emergency. Under the motto, “Think. Prepare. Act.” the campaign demonstrates real practices people can put into action in their own lives. KnoWhat2Do is on the web at www.knowhat2do.com.