News By Tag
News By Location
Arc flash software - Video clip.
It is estimated that 5 to 10 arc flash explosions occur in electric equipment everyday in the United States. These events have the potential to cause serious injuries and even death due to burns from the thermal radiation and intense light released.
* Calculator-style interface makes complex calculations easy to understand.
* Provide a safer working environment by specifying the proper level of PPE. Wearing inadequate clothing is dangerous for obvious reasons, but wearing too much clothing is dangerous due to limited mobility and visibility.
* Determine NFPA 70E Approach Boundaries to live parts for shock protection
* Save time by generating arc flash warning labels in electronic .JPG and .BMP formats
* Customize labels by selecting and adding information displayed on them.
* Save results in text format for future reference or printing with one button click.
* Perform analysis using metric (mm, Joules ), imperial units (inches, calories ), or a mix of both
* Calculate arc blast explosion pressure and arc TNT equivalent
* Create arc flash warning labels in English, French or Spanish
# # #
ARCAD helps facilities create safer working environments for individuals who service electrical systems by providing novel on-line and PC based software tools for short circuit and arc flash hazard analysis.