Arc Flash Hazard Analysis The Easy To Use Way
ARCAD is pleased to introduce new ARC FLASH ANALYTIC ( AFA V3.0 ) software program for arc flash and shock hazard analysis.
RESULTS YOU CAN TRUST
Every release of AFA is verified and validated against established programs and hand calculations in order to ensure its technical accuracy. Each release of AFA undergoes a complete verification process using hundreds of test cases.
AFA V3.0 KEY FEATURES
1) IEEE 1584 EMPIRICALLY DERIVED MODEL AND LEE METHOD. Applicable for systems with:
* Voltages in the range of 208V to 46kV
* Bolted fault currents in the range of 700A to 106kA
* Switchgears, MCC, panels, cables and arc in open air
2) IEEE 1584 FUSE EQUATIONS. Applicable for systems protected by current limiting Class RK1 and Class L fuses.
3) IEEE 1584 LOW VOLTAGE CIRCUIT BREAKER EQUATIONS. Applicable for systems protected by:
* Molded case, insulated case (MCCB & ICCB) circuit breakers,
* LVPCB low voltage power circuit breakers
AFA V3.0 KEY CAPABILITIES:
- arcing current,
- incident energy,
- flash protection boundary,
- limited, restricted and prohibited shock approach boundaries,
- initial arc pressure,
- arc TNT equivalent,
- risk category,
- typical clothing system
2) SAVE results for future reference or printing.
3) PERFORM analysis using metric (mm, Joules, kg ) or imperial units (inches, calories, lb ).
4) CREATE customized color or black-and-white warning labels in English, French and Spanish.
Calculator-style interface makes complex calculations easy to understand. Reference data listing most typical configurations and detailed procedure for IEEE 1584 based arc flash calculations has been included in the calculator.
REDUCE RISK, IMPROVE SAFETY, ENFORCE COMPLIANCE !
An effective arc flash safety program must be designed on a reliable foundation. Arc flash studies must be performed by qualified persons using a quality analysis tool which provide accurate results that you can trust and rely on.
Please visit ARCAD online at www.arcadvisor.com for more information.
# # #
ARCAD helps facilities create safer working environments for individuals who service electrical systems by providing novel on-line and PC based software tools for short circuit and arc flash hazard analysis.