News By Tag
* Dracula Tour
* Romania Tour
* Transylvania Tour
* Eastern Europe Tour
* Romania Holidays
* Transylvania Holiday
* Europe Trip
* More Tags...
News By Place
Invitation in Transylvania in a fascinating holiday: Vampire in Transylvania-The Dracula Tour
This year, on we celebrate the 112th anniversary of the Dracula novel written by Bram Stoker. So Transylvania Live, expert in Transylvania, invites all Transylvania enthusiasts, Dracula lovers in a fascinating holiday: Vampire in Transylvania!
By: Transylvania Live -expert in Transylvania
”Transylvania Live appears to be one of the few companies that understands the Western market for Dracula. Their product appears to be very innovative! For many Romanians Dracula means Vlad Tepes but for people from the UK, America etc it means of course the vampire Dracula. I agree with those people who say that Dracula is a way to get foreign tourists into Romania creating an opportunity to show them all the other things the country can offer” said professor Duncan Light from Liverpool Hope University, UK
The prestigious Fodor's travel guide, placed Vampire in Transylvania 2007 in Top ten must-do adventures that will make the coming New Year one to remember.
Special events experienced in this Romanian vacation:
• Killing of the Living Dead ritual - Helping a haunted spirit to gain his peace - attending the ritual of killing a vampire
• learning how to make a special stake to kill a Vampire from the Vampire Wooden Stake Specialist, a famous woodcraftsman from Maramures
• visiting Bran Castle, Peles Castle, Corvinesti and Savarsin Castle - Legendary castles in Transylvania with plenty of good stories for a Dracula tour
• Special accommodations, the finest selections of "Dracula Hotels" including Dracula's Castle in Transylvania - Bram Stoker's imaginary castle in Borgo Pass where, he placed the Bloody Count Dracula, accommodation and candle lit dinner,
• Discovering Dracula's descendents - paying a visit to Misiuga, Baron of Dracula in his windswept tower in Bistrita citadel
• enjoy Jonathan Harker's Menu - the same meal Bram Stoker's hero served when in Bistrita citadel
• Vampire menu for dinner in Turda to find out why it's worth killing for a meal!
• traditional dinner in Sibiu, the Cultural Capital of Europe in 2007
• during farewell dinner a Survivor's Certificate will be handed over (collecting stamps all along the itinerary to prove one's courage)
The tour is intended to Halloween enthusiasts, Transylvanian lovers, culture and history fans, adventure seekers. Minimum age required 14.
Departing from Bucharest from June till September Vampire in Transylvania offers a 7 days trip back in time, following Jonathan Harker's footsteps but revealing the genuine historical facts and places. Includes the unique medieval citadel of Sighisoara – Vlad the Impaler's birth place, the Saxon city of Brasov, Bistrita Citadel, the royal Peles Castle, the mysterious Bran Castle as well as Dracula's Castle in Borgo Pass. In addition, the special activities prepared, all along the itinerary, bring out the essence of the genuine Transylvanian Folklore.
A 3 day Vampire in Transylvania short break including Killing of the Living Dead ritual is also available based on the low cost flight London (Luton) – Transylvania (Cluj Napoca).
Here is what Steve and Karen from Beverly Hills (referred to Transylvania Live by Let's Travel agency from Santa Monica, California, www.letstravel-
The itinerary of the Vampire in Transylvania tour was a major source of inspiration for Mysterious Journeys, a production company working with Travel Channel. Transylvania Live has currently assisted them on a documentary based on our dark legends.The documentary will be broadcasted on Travel Channel untitill the end of this year.
The tour can be booked by phone. Online secured reservations and payments can be made (Visa and Mastercard). Offline, by fax, by telephone (Visa, MasterCard, American Expres, JCB, Diners Club), bank transfer, Moneybookers or Western Union. Or by contacting a local travel agent; sending an email to Transylvania Live to recommend the nearest travel agency which sells the tour (more than 4000 in US).
Being a very popular tour, Vampire in Transylvania is often sold out well in advance; in fact the reservations for 2009 have already started so hurry up and join the tour !
Transylvania Live US Toll Free at: 866 376 6183,
Transylvania Live United Kingdom free line at: 0808 101 6781 or
Transylvania Live Canada - Toll-free: 1 888 889 7005,
Australia - Local number: (02) 8005 7337,
Ireland – Local number: 01 442 8523
España - Llamada gratuita: 900 931 391,
Romanian office at: +40. 364.405.614 or contact your local travel agent.
# # #
Transylvania Live is a tour operator agency, based in Transylvania, focused on Eastern Europe, operating in Romania and Hungary, an expert in Transylvania, always glad to welcome new guests! The company's priorities are to offer uncompromising quality, outstanding services and great value for money. Transylvania Live, expert in Transylvania, is a member of the American Society of Travel Agents.
Founded in 1995 , Transylvania Live powers the Romanian travel section for more than 4000 websites of travel agencies and agents in USA.