Award-winning Author, S. E. Gregg, Likens the Christian Life to the Olympic Games in this book:
The 2008 Beijing Olympics is here and athletes from all over the world are competing against each other for the ultimate medal – the GOLD. Award-winning author, S.E. Gregg, in this latest book,
And just as the participants in the Olympics are competing to come in first place, Gregg encourages believers to strive to win the gold prize in the Christian race even as Paul encourages the believers in I Corinthians 9:24: “Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.”
But, sad to say, many Christians are falling by the wayside. Many have lost all hope of ever living a victorious life in Christ. Many Christians don’t feel that living holy lives matters anymore and have dropped out of the Christian race. Others are still running, but have already given up on winning the ultimate prize. Many have become discouraged in their daily walk with the Lord, because they have allowed personal problems, suffering, and world events to cause them to lose focus.
S.E. Gregg recognized this loss of spiritual fervor in the hearts of many Christians and was inspired by God to help ignite the spiritual flames once again, and to help get believers back into the Christian race. Taking to heart the words in Hebrews 12:1: “Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us”, Gregg encourages believers to not look at the negative circumstances around them, but to look forward and to press forward to the blessings that lay ahead as a reward for finishing the race.
The Christian Olympics: Going for the Gold Crowns will help you to:
* See yourself as an Olympian and a victorious spiritual athlete.
* See yourself running in a spiritual Marathon.
* Discover who the Players are in the competitions.
* Understand the significance of being a Spectacle.
* Train for the competitions with spiritual exercises and discipline.
* Plan strategies and develop a Game Plan to win the competitions.
* Gear Up and get equipped for the competitions.
* Find Contentment with your own God given supernatural abilities.
* Learn how to do spiritual Boxing and Wrestling.
* Learn how to do Long Jumps over your spiritual Hurdles.
* Learn why suffering is a Spiritual Workout.
* Learn how to endure and be a Finisher.
* Find out what Gold Crown you have already earned.
Gregg strongly believes that if Christians see themselves as competitors in an Olympic game, they will gain a new understanding and excitement for the Christian life.
"Enthusiastically recommended as inspirational reading for all practicing Christians."
- Midwest Book Review
"To be sure, S.E. Gregg, you have a flair for 'turning a phrase' and your creative use of allegory and metaphor."
- Lillian Brookins-Clarke, Christian Playwright and Author
A marathon runner in the Christian Olympics for several decades, S. E. Gregg is a Bible school graduate and the founder of Sound Doctrine Christian Ministries. An award-winning author, gifted Bible teacher and Bible curriculum writer for publications such as Precepts For Living®.Gregg has authored and published the best-selling book: Evangelism Counseling: How to Counsel People about Salvation, and the salvation tract, "God Became a Man". Gregg lives in the Philadelphia area.
For more information about The Christian Olympics visit S.E. Gregg’s website at: www.ChristianOlympics.org.
For book signings and speaking engagements, contact S.E. Gregg at: email@example.com.
The Christian Olympics: Going for the Gold Crowns is available wherever fine books are sold, and amazon.com: