News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Brewing Trend: Have Coffee and Cook with it too
Cooking with coffee is a brewing culinary trend that’s allowing coffee lovers and foodies alike to infuse the inspiring brew into any of their favorite dishes.
Passion for Coffee is a cookbook with more than 200 recipes for breads, desserts, drinks, sauces, salads and entrees, and all the recipes call for coffee.
The book’s breakfast recipes offer a chance to enjoy morning coffee in a whole new way. Enticing options include:
Coffee Oatmeal Pancakes with Bananas in coffee Caramel Sauce
- Delicious and rather wholesome, these pancakes call for oatmeal, raisins, cinnamon, instant coffee, and bananas in coffee caramel sauce (a recipe also featured in the book).
Chocolate-Dotted Waffles with Caramel Coffee Sauce
- Dreamy waffles for those with the sweet tooth of a six-year-old. This recipe creates more traditional thin waffles that can be frozen and re-toasted.
All-Whites Mocha Waffles with Passion Fruit Sauce
- The perfect waffles for brunch, tea, or any special occasion. The recipe for the passion fruit sauce is also in the book, and the sauce can be used on toast or biscuits for a delightful treat. These beautiful waffles call for cocoa, vanilla and almond extracts, buttermilk, passion fruit sorbet, and, of course, coffee.
- The author of Passion for Coffee has proclaimed these the “best biscuits in the world!” Thus, the recipe is worth sharing.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, chilled and sliced
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ teaspoon freeze-dried or granulated instant coffee
- Butter and jam or dulce de leche (another amazing Passion for Coffee recipe)
1.) Preheat the oven to 450 F. Butter and flour an 8-inch cake pan.
2.) Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor for 5 seconds.
3.) Add the butter pieces and process to fine crumbs, about 15 seconds.
4.) Mix the cream and coffee and pour into the processor. Mix until a dough forms and separates from the sides of the processor, about 15 seconds.
5.) Use an ice cream scoop to place 1/3-cup scoops of the dough onto the pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
6.) Serve with butter an jam or dulce de leche.
To learn more about cooking with coffee, Passion for Coffee, and Patricia McCausland-Gallo, visit www.coffeecooks.com and www.creativeculinary.net.
Passion for Coffee(ISBN 978-0-9797594-
# # #
Since 1961, FRP has produced thousands of titles for individuals, companies, and nonprofit organizations across the country. FRP offers customized consultation in the creation, production, marketing, and distribution of imprints such as Favorite Recipes Press and Community Classics and The Booksmith Group.
Account Email Address Disclaimer Report Abuse