News By Tag
* Gift Baskets
* More Tags...
News By Place
Genye In A Basket ten tips for starting and maintaining a successful Web site:
The great thing about the Web site is that when people arrive on the Internet, they are actively looking for gifts. By the time they call, e-mail, or fax, they're ready to buy.
2. Hire an affordable Webmaster if you don't have the expertise or time to set up and maintain a quality site. But remember that you, not the Webmaster, are responsible for deciding the content and style of your website. You must stay in frequency contact with your webmaster to make changes, corrections, and additions.
3. Make your site colorful, but not too busy; avoid more than two font styles per page.
4. Provide large, sharp photos of your products, with descriptions and prices of each design.
5. Use flashing and movement very sparingly--it takes away from professional atmosphere you want to create.
6. Inspire confidence on your site by posting your background, training, and experience in the gift industry. You want to be seen as an expert.
7. Make it easy for clients to navigate your site.
8. Make your ordering process as simple as possible. If your site does not have a secure order page, clients should still be able to call to place the order.
9. Give your clients a reason to return to your site other than just to buy. For example, offer a monthly contest or provide gift tips.
10. Visit your competitor's sites and sites in noncompeting industries to see what additional ideas you should consider implementing without blatant copying.
For more information or to view a sample of a successful website please visit http://www.genyeinabasket.com