- Aug. 11, 2023
: Better Food Foundation will launch its newest storytelling initiative, FlipIt (https://www.youtube.com/
, at a press conference on the first day of the Vegan SoulFest. Hear from FlipIt's leaders, including the co-creator of Vegan SoulFest, as they discuss what makes FlipIt's message unique, and how it will empower the changemakers who are driving the new food culture in America's BIPOC communities.WHO
- Jennifer Channin (https://betterfoodfoundation.org/who-we-are/team/jennifer-channin/), Brazilian-American Executive Director of Better Food Foundation. Jennifer has raised tens of millions of dollars for farmed animal protection and social justice organizations in the US and internationally. Jennifer is also an author in the recent book, The Good It Promises, the Harm It Does (https://global.oup.com/academic/product/the-good-it-promises-the-harm-it-does-9780197655702?cc=us&lang=en&).
- Brenda Sanders (https://www.afrovegansociety.org/meet-brenda), Vegan SoulFest co-creator and food justice activist who promotes veganism as a solution to many of the issues that plague marginalized communities. She's also an author in The Good It Promises, the Harm It Does.
: Saturday, August 19 at 1:30 p.m. EasternWHERE
: The FlipIt tent at Vegan SoulFest (https://www.vegansoulfest.com/festival-general-info/
) inside West Covington Park (Baltimore Peninsula) located at 101 W. Cromwell St., Baltimore, MD, 21230.VISUALS
- The press conference will take place inside the FlipIt Experience tent, marked by large yellow signage, where media in attendance will have the opportunity to experience the FlipIt exhibit.
- The two speakers will be seated at the back of the tent with a Better Food Foundation backdrop.
- Videos of FlipIt changemakers (including the founder of Los Angeles' first vegan food bank; a Rabbi transforming what it means to be kosher; and a Bronx-based activist helping community members rediscover their plant-based roots) will be playing on screens throughout the tent.
- Exhibits featuring other FlipIt stories and food samples from popular plant-based Baltimore-area restaurant, Hue Cafe (https://www.huecafeandapothecary.com/).
- Take-home bags with FlipIt resources will be provided to journalists in attendance.
To learn more about FlipIt or to schedule an exclusive interview with Better Food Foundation or Vegan SoulFest, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.