New Book Release: Dreamer: Poems in Culture by Alan Botsford (Author)
This book—inspired by and a journey in contemporary culture high and low....
- Feb. 4, 2023
- Publisher : Cyberwit.net (January 31, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 370 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9395224541
- ISBN-13 : 978-9395224543
- Item Weight : 1.04 pounds
- Dimensions : 5.5 x 0.93 x 8.5 inches
- This book—inspired by and a journey in contemporary culture high and low, east and west in ekphrastic reflections, among others—forms a companion volume with Botsford's previous book, Possessions: Poems in American Poetry, which explores the lives and works of American poets, from Whitman on. It is an attempt to lay bare the workings of the shadow economy rooted in vernacular energies, exploring how our rational thought process is linked to our dream life.
- About the Author: Alan Botsford is author of four poetry collections, among them mamaist: learning a new language (Minato no Hito, 2002) which, as the Kyoto Journal wrote, "may be one of the first books of poems to transpire from our global civilization." He has also published the hybrid essay-dialogue-poetry collection Walt Whitman of Cosmic Folklore (Sage Hill Press, 2010), about which poet and critic William Heyen wrote, "If we'll read this book as it was written, with Emerson's 'flower of the mind,' it will enlarge our lives." His most recent poetry collection, Possessions: Poems in American Poetry (Cyberwit, 2022), explores the lives and works of American poets, from Whitman on. Born in Connecticut and educated at Wesleyan and Columbia, and formerly editor of Poetry Kanto (poetrykanto.com), he currently is a professor of American literature at Kanto Gakuin University, is a poetry reviewer for Kyoto Journal, and lives with his wife, illustrator Minako Saitoh, in the historic seaside town Kamakura.
Dreamer: Poems in Culture (Paperback) published by Cyberwit.net is available worldwide via Amazon USA, India and through publisher's site. https://www.cyberwit.net/publications/2043
For additional information or media inquiries, contact Cyberwit.net at email@example.com
Cyberwit seeks to publish the best in Poetry from novoices to established poets. Our published Anthologies and Journal Taj Mahal Review have poems that are sensuous, picturesque and impassioned. The poems reveal a fine combination of human elements of romance and the mystic & everyday realities. Cyberwit has published a myriad of new poets, and an increasingly large number of collections of verse. The significance of Poetry has not declined, and the 21st century seems to be the Golden Era of English Poetry. The name of Cyberwit is known to readers in several countries. https://www.cyberwit.net