- July 26, 2022
-- The Conservancy of Southwest Florida will hold its 29th
annual RedSnook Catch and Release Charity Fishing Tournament Oct. 21-23 to benefit the Conservancy's commitment to water quality protection, as well as preservation and enhancement of local fisheries.
The tournament includes a two-day guided and unguided divisions targeting the area's most popular game fish: snook and redfish. Launch sites include Naples, Goodland and Chokoloskee. Registration is limited to 60 teams. Divisions include unguided and guided bait, fly, and unguided and guided artificial.
The event schedule includes:
- Kick-off Party, Oct. 21 at 5:30 p.m. at Florida Sports Park.
- Tournament, Oct. 22-23, with launch time 7 a.m., lines in the water at 7:30 a.m. and return to the launch site at 3:30 p.m. each day.
- Awards Ceremony, Oct. 23, 5:30 p.m., at the Conservancy of Southwest Florida, sponsored by Northern Trust.
Through the years, the funds raised at the RedSnook Catch and Release Charity Tournament have helped support the Conservancy's water quality work in several ways, including:
- Providing assistance and expertise to water quality projects at the local, state and federal level.
- Creating the "Estuaries Report Card," which rates the condition of our region's vital waters.
- Working to limit the amount of pollution from the north that enters Southwest Florida's water.
- Researching and monitoring juvenile gamefish habitats.
- Helping to restore the Western Everglades and Ten Thousand Islands.
- Working to protect Ten Thousand Islands, Big Cypress, Estero Bay, the Cocohatchee Slough and the Caloosahatchee River.
Sponsorship packages include $25,000 Redfish Sponsor; $20,000 Snook Sponsor; $15,000 Tarpon Sponsor; $10,000 Tripletail Sponsor; $5,000 Sea Trout Sponsor; $2,500 Snapper Sponsor and $1,000 Jack Sponsor. Package benefits can include a private meeting with the Conservancy's president and CEO to discuss water policy initiatives, tournament entries, Conservancy memberships, behind the scenes private tours of the Nature Center, Rookery Bay eco-cruise, Kick-Off Party and Awards Reception tickets, and company exposure on the website and tournament shirt.
Team entry is $275 for one angler and $550 for two. Additional tickets to the Kick-Off Party are $75 per person and available until Oct. 1. For information, email email@example.com, (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
) call 239-403-4200 or visit conservancy.org/events/redsnook/
.About the Conservancy of Southwest Florida:
The Conservancy of Southwest Florida (http://www.conservancy.org/)
is a not-for-profit environmental protection organization focused on the issues impacting the water, land, wildlife and future of Collier, Lee, Charlotte, Hendry and Glades counties. Learn more about the Conservancy's work and how to support (http://www.conservancy.org/
support-us) the quality of life in Southwest Florida www.conservancy.org.