BONITA SPRINGS, Fla.
- March 28, 2022
-- The Wonder Gardens in Bonita Springs offers several enhanced guest experiences for up-close and personal encounters with a selection of their 300 rescued, rehabilitated and non-releasable animals at the 86-year-old attraction.
Enhanced experiences include:
- Wonder Walk Guided Tours offer 45-minute to one-hour long walks Monday through Friday. The education staff or docent-guided tours include information about the park's history, animals, plants and more. Tours require a minimum of five participants with a maximum of 20. Tours are $10 for members and $22 for nonmembers and include admission.
- Wild Wonders Animal Encounters are offered Monday-Sunday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. and include a 45-minute adventure with the garden's animal care and education staff to meet African Spurred tortoises, alligators and another animal of the Keeper's choice that can include pythons, macaws, parrots and more. Guests will be able to feed some of the animals under the guidance of an Animal Care Technician. The 11 a.m. Wild Wonder Animal Encounter includes the Lorikeet Encounter, where the friendly birds land on visitors to drink nectar out of a cup. The tours are $20 per person for members and $25 for nonmembers over the age of 5, plus park admission. All encounters must have a minimum of two participants and a maximum of six.
- Education Packs for children are filled with games, activities, information on the park and a journal, and are available for $2-4 each in the gift shop.
- Camp Wonder is offered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 6-July 1 and July 11-22 for ages 6 to 12. Each week includes a spotlight topic and behind-the-scenes experiences. Rates are $150 per week for nonmembers and $125 for members.
- Group programs are available for adults, scouts, homeschoolers and more and include tours, presentations, outreach with animals, story time in the garden, virtual programs, scout badge programs and after-hours programs.
- Events, including children's birthday party packages, private events and weddings can be booked at the gardens and in a Victorian-era green solarium built in France and made of ornately crafted iron with glass.
For information, visit wondergardens.org
or call 239-992-2591.