News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
Why Does Your Tooth Need a Dental Crown?
The dental crown is a type of tooth cap that is cemented permanently to the tooth and covers the visible part of the tooth. It helps to restore the decayed, cracked, or chipped teeth.
By: Bramwest Family Dental - Brampton
Types of Dental Crowns
Below are the diverse types of dental crowns:
1. Gold Alloy Crowns: They are made by the combination of gold, copper, and other metals. Gold crowns are preferred as gold being a noble metal remains unaffected by water and oxygen.
2. Stainless Steel Crowns: They are mostly preferred for Pediatric and temporary restorative work. They are easily blended with the mouth without causing problems with regular chewing, brushing, and flossing.
3. Ceramic Dental Crowns: They are made from hard white clay known as kaolin, present in porcelain. They are strong and aesthetically appealing and are used to restore the front teeth including molars and premolars. They look like natural teeth due to their natural color and texture
4. Zirconia Crowns: They are much stronger than other crowns as it combines the strength of metal and aesthetics of porcelain crowns. They are resistant to hot and cold temperature, staining, and are completely safe in the mouth.
5. Porcelain Fused to Metal Crowns: They are made from porcelain and metal that provides a natural appearance to the teeth as well as makes it durable. They are preferred among people having a problem with teeth grinding at night or for long-span bridges.
6. Base Metal Alloy Crowns: They are strong and resistant to corrosion. They help to protect the weakened tooth due to decay or breakage.
Website : https://bramwestdental.com/
Bramwest Family Dental - Brampton
Account Email Address Account Phone Number Disclaimer Report Abuse