- Feb. 11, 2022
-- Rugs can easily and elegantly anchor a room. They are powerful design tools, which can simply act as artwork for the floor or be complementary decor for the rest of the room. A rug is not just a floor covering, it fulfills many other purposes like protecting the hard floor, adding warmth underneath the foot, making any space seem a lot cozier, and creating eye-catching decor in any space of your dwelling. With just this one simple switch, a room can go from unconventional to newfangled, traditional to contemporary, or balmy to brilliant.Points to Consider Before Buying an Area Rug
- Have trouble deciding a rug color? You're not alone. Deciding the right color rug can be incredibly difficult, especially given that it's also a significant financial investment that will likely stick around in your home for years to come. So, you need to think about what colors you like and what colors you'd like to live with day in and day out.
- Rug Styles that amplify your room's decor! A rug can be the defining feature of a room, or it can blend in and serve a function. There is an unending variety of rug styles that you can pick to have in your space. If you don't already have furnishings, consider how different rug styles will work with the tones of the flooring, walls, and ceiling.
- Which rug size you should select for your space? The right rug can breathe life into a room and unify your decor, especially in an open area. But before you start shopping, you need to know how to pick the right rug size. Think about the area you want to highlight and decide a size based on that. Thus, putting the right size rug in your room can be the difference between a clearly defined and well-balanced space and mess.
- Maintenance cost can also be a deciding factor! No matter what type you decide, you have to be very careful about maintaining it if you want to place it in your home for another couple of years. So, the work isn't over once you've decided on a rug shape and size. Thus, choose the rug for your space wisely, depending upon the maintenance you can do.
- The best Rug Patterns for your space! If the rug is one of the first items you're purchasing, though, think about what pattern is right for you. A patterned rug can really bring your room to life. The effect a pattern has on a room is closely tied to its colors, so consider how the two will work together.