Writers Conference Reg Now Open
Event to keep participants up to date on new food wine and travel trends
Attendees will choose from a series of professional development sessions.
1. Creating Engaging Destination Videos- Scott Kendall; Video engages more readers, whether it's for your publication or one you're submitting to.
2. Mastering SEO- Expert Advice for the Blogger and Freelancer- Kristi Dosh: Knowing the ins and outs of SEO is crucial to today's blogger and freelance writer.
3. Upping Your Food Writing Game– Robin Sussingham :A few tricks of the trade will take you to the next level.
4. Everything You Need to Know About Instagram Reels- Kat Anderson: Instagram is still top dog in the social media game! Reels are the latest and greatest way to engage followers.
5. Landing the Very Best Press Trips- Noreen Kompanik: We'll learn insider techniques of landing those all-inclusive media trips.
6. Perfecting Your Pitch to Grab an Editor's Attention- Pam & Gary Baker: Relevant, timely, and well-crafted pitches are keys to grabbing an editor's attention. We'll show you ways to improve your pitching game.
A star-worth culinary panel will offer big-picture thinking and topics .
"Unwrapping The Food Scene in the Greater St. Petersburg and Tampa Bay Region"
Curated by Andy Harris, Executive Producer & Co-Host of the "SoCal Restaurant Show" heard weekly in Southern California on AM 830 KLAA radio.
Ed Chiles, The Chiles Group, Restaurateur. A native Floridian, Ed is the proprietor of three waterfront restaurants serving fresh Florida seafood and organic and locally sourced vegetables, and also owns an organic farm serving his establishments.
Chef Anne Kearney, Partner, Oak & Ola restaurant, Tampa, James Beard Award-Winner
Ray Lampe, "DR. BBQ," Partner - Dr BBQ The Restaurant, St. Petersburg. As a contestant, he competed on the Food Network's Chopped.
Journalist Laura Reiley, Staff Writer (Business of Food Reporter) - The Washington Post, Previously long-time Food Critic for Tampa Bay Times.
IFWTWA organizes this event to keep its member writers and tourism partners up to date on new trends, local St Petersburg press trip opportunities and topics for the writer community while providing plenty of casual networking and fun entertainment. There are also opportunities for non-members to attend. Check out registration and the workshops, speakers and more details for this year's conference at https://www.ifwtwa.org/
$299 Member Registration
$349 for Non-Members/
*The event will adhere to all COVID-19 regulations and guidance.
Page Updated Last on: Aug 16, 2021