US Stock Market closes with mixed results; S&P on a winning streak
Today's market got a bit jittery with mixed closing record. NASDAQ ended its winning run and ended below the red line, while S&P manage to keep its stellar performance to end with a fresh record set.
This day's session is also the last trading day for June, as well as the final trading day of the second quarter. S&P showed an overwhelming movement in terms of the last session, recording 5 straight months of gains which totaled to 14.4% for the first two quarters of 2021. NASDAQ and the Dow both ended about 13% gains for the year to date despite the undercurrents that greatly affected their market.
Other assets ended their Q2 performances with mixed results, such as the 10-year Treasury yield that hit as high as 1.77% in March but only wrapped below 1.5% on the second quarter.
Stocks and Equities:
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average went up to 34,502.51 with an increase of 210.22 points or 0.61%.
- NASDAQ Composite Index dropped by 24.38 points or 0.17% and ended 14,503.95.
- The S&P 500 Index landed at 4,297.50 after gaining 5.70 points or 0.13%.
- Japan's Nikkei 225 gained by 0.00% or 0.34 points and closed to 28,875.16.
- Hong Kong's Han Sen stepped up at 28,887.28 points or 0.24% gain.
- U.S. 2 Year Treasury yield increased by 0.014 basis points or 5.50% and closed at 0.265.
- U.S. 5 Year Treasury yield went up by 0.010 basis points or 1.08% at 0.904.
- U.S. 10 Year Treasury yield gained 0.005 basis points or 0.35% and ended 1.466.
Commodities and Currencies:
- Gold down to $1,775.58 per ounce after losing $1.064 or 0.06%
- Silver currently at $26.005 per ounce after dropping by 0.10%.
- Western Texas Intermediate Crude decreased 0.16% and now at $75.11 per barrel.
- Brent crude at $75.66 per barrel after losing by 0.24%.
- U.S. Dollar Index up by 0.02% at 92.61.
- Euro down by 0.16% closing 1.18306 vs USD.
- Yen increased by 0.11% at 111.639 against USD.
- British Pound down by 0.09% at 1.3749 versus USD.
- Canadian Dollars lost 0.16% at 1.374566 vs USD.
For more updates in finances and stock market visit us at Elite Capital International Limited - https://elitecapitalinternational.com/
Elite Capital International Limited