- May 30, 2021
-- Lynn Bentley, President of Knobull announced, "Our academic search engine provides search results by localizing the scientific results required by the user. Users can access 5 billion journals, blogs, data bases and magazines relevant to their input queries.
For a long time, the academic search engines have been assisting manuscript writers, researchers, and scholars. It also helps in reviewing the latest technologies and researches in the concerned field. The keywords and key phrases are incorporated into the journals and research blogs to gain a higher rank in the academic search engine."
Researchers and manuscript writers prefer to use academic search engines for searching references and writing research articles. This indicates that there is a significant difference between a commercial search engine and an academic search engine. Following are some of those differences:
- While general search engine searches from the whole of the database that includes both relevant and irrelevant articles while academic search engine only searched through predefined journals, reviews, and abstracts.
- General search engines do not provide the quality and standard of results while many academic search engines have the option for determining the quality of the research.
- It is difficult to narrow the results on a general search engine in context to a topic while it is relatively easier in the academic search engine.
- The search results of general search engines are not organized and lack advanced search options that are available in almost all academic search engines.
- The databases available in academic search engines are further subdivided into the specialized database, a facility that is not available in general search engines.
Through academic search engines, the researchers can gain access to reliable and authentic information with ease. Reasons for searching through academic search engines are:Organized data:
The data is indexed and organized in the academic search engine and structured based on relevance and according to the most common search criteria.Authentic articles:
The Knobull search engine has access to various libraries that feed them with relevant and high-quality articles.Quality reviewed:
Many search engines have their quality control team that assigns the quality grade to articles. This is of immense importance as many-a-time, the researchers require the articles published in journals with high impact factors.Bentley concluded, "
As compared to a general search engine, the user experience in searching the research articles is favorable in academic search engines. For instance, if a researcher searches an article about a disease or drug, the general search engine provides both relevant and irrelevant articles."