Versasec Releases vSEC:CMS S-Series v6.0
Latest version of our flagship identity and access management software includes MacOS user self-service support and full 64-bit support
With vSEC:CMS 6.0, operators will notice a drastic improvement in the speed with which they can automatically issue credentials because they may now perform automatic concurrent issuances using smart card printers attached to dedicated batch stations. This feature is available via new functions introduced to the lifecycle API.
With this latest version, Versasec has implemented a new database engine and schema that improves performance and integration capabilities while increasing stability.
Among the other attributes of 6.0 are the following:
- Offers full support for the x64-bit platform and provides an automatic migration to the client installer (user self-service console).
- Strengthens integration with physical access management systems (PACS) with a new connector to Honeywell Access Control Systems (ACS).
- Provides MacOS User Self-Service support (gold version)
- Extends the certificate management functionality of vSEC:CMS with support for the ACME protocol, allowing automation around requesting certificates and managing them through vSEC:CMS. This is especially important for computer/server and Internet of Things (IoT) certificates.
- Improves management for scheduled tasks that are built or configured in vSEC:CMS. Now, the tasks can be managed and their status viewed from a central location.
- Improves eToken support, strengthens PIN policies and management of token names.
"Version 6.0 of vSEC:CMS really focuses on ease and speed. It's simpler and faster than ever for companies to deploy and manage strong passwordless two-factor authentication no matter where their employees are working. We've also made it easier for their remote employees to manage their credentials with our extended User Self-Service options," said Joakim Thorén, CEO of Versasec.
In this new version, Versasec also has added or enhanced several support tasks:
- Ability to update PIN serial numbers for Thales's SAM migrated e-tokens.
- Added PIN expiration reminder capability for users in the USS as well as email notification.
- Automatically import preconfigured (static) pkcs#12 files onto user credentials during issuance.
- Expire PIN unblock codes.
- Better handling of support maintenance codes in the installer.
- Allows for logfiles to be written asynchronously.
- Includes a new Credits dialog honoring used 3rd party components.
- Adds functionality for collecting or viewing performance data when working with the system.
About vSEC:CMS S-Series
While most companies recognize the importance of two-factor authentication (2FA) of user identities, managing their 2FA implementations with proprietary solutions in-house can be time-consuming and costly. Versasec's cost-effective, easily implemented and intuitive vSEC:CMS removes the barriers to true identity and access management (IAM). Existing users and other interested parties interested in downloading an evaluation copy of vSEC:CMS S-Series Version 6.0 should visit the Versasec web site at https://versasec.com
Page Updated Last on: Mar 31, 2021