- Jan. 4, 2021
-- "Chewing is a natural canine instinct, which is why it's important we encourage positive chewing habits from the start," says Dr. Jerry T. Moore, Veterinary Advisor at Bow Wow Labs, Inc., "
Whether your dog is teething, anxious or just bored, you can guide him to the behavior you desire."
Johnna Devereaux, C.P.N. says, "Chewing has important benefits for your dog — from promoting overall well-being and dental health to mental stimulation to supporting your dog's natural instincts. A long-term chew is something that should both taste great and hold your dog's attention for more than 10 minutes."What can you do about your pup's chewing?
- A tired dog is also a well-behaved dog!
- If you catch them chewing something that isn't theirs, take it away and immediately replace it with something they can chew.
- Always reward your dog for chewing the right things. Positive reinforcement is key!
- Provide your dog with items that are safe, avoid products that could splinter or break into harmful pieces that can be swallowed.
- Bully sticks are very popular because they are well received by pups due to the taste and smell. However, they should be supervised since the last inch or so can be swallowed (often vomited or digested but can become gut obstructions causing serious medical issues).
- The Bully Buddy, a safety device created by Bow Wow Labs to prevent dogs from choking on Bully Sticks, greatly decreases the odds of accidental ingestion. Perfect for dogs of all ages, sizes and breeds; this veterinarian-vetted device is durable and easy-to-use. The device tightly secures bully sticks, preventing dogs from choking on the tail-end of the treat.
- BWL also offers Safe Fit Bully Sticks™, which help to sooth their tender gums and reduce destructive chewing habits during the teething stage. They are a great alternative to rawhide of manufactured chews thanks to being a premium single-ingredient treat. They also help to remove plaque and tartar which will support your pup's dental health early on.
"The great thing about BWL's Bully Buddy and Safe Fit Bully Sticks™ is that these two products were created and developed specifically with your pup's health and safety in mind," expresses. Dr. Moore, DVM, "It's crucial to find long-term chews and products that will keep your active and curious puppy busy and occupied, all while giving you the peace of mind you deserve."About Bow Wow Labs, Inc. https://bowwowlabs.com/