News By Tag
News By Place
Tips on Furnishing a Vacation Rental in Vero Beach Florida
Furnishing a vacation rental in Vero Beach Florida, in fact, furnishing any space, be it for rent or sale, will pretty much be the determining factor about its overall performance.
By: Coldwell Banker Paradise
Furnishing a vacation rental is much different than furnishing a long-term rental property. (Like those leased for years by the same tenant.) The reason is that their purposes are completely different. In other words, one is short-term with a totally different backdrop, while the other is a long-term proposition. So, here are some effective ways to furnish a vacation rental in Vero Beach Florida:
• Use multi-purpose furniture. This is key to making it more functional, as well as having the added benefit of saving precious space. Furniture that serves more than one purpose will be greatly appreciated. And, it will help to free up space, making rooms appear larger and more luxurious.
• Go with strong, durable furnishings. The furniture should not only have more than one use, but it should also be the most durable. All rentals, whether short or long term, undergo wear and tear. When there's repeated resident turnover, that will necessarily mean more usage. Plus, accidents do happen and furniture that can withstand more offers a better return on investment.
• Choose a good theme and stick with it. Since it's in Vero Beach go with a maritime and/or beach theme. And, make it consistent throughout the rental property. Don't make the mistake of trying to interweave different themes because it won't be appealing to potential renters.
• Stick with the "less is more" philosophy. Also, be sure to adopt the "less is more" mentality when it comes to furnishing any type of rental space. This not only helps to cut down on cost. But it also makes the rooms look a bit bigger.
• Be sure to stock the essentials in every room. The kitchen and bathrooms should have the appropriate, daily supplies readily available. The bedrooms should have more than one set of bedding.
As you can see, it's not terribly difficult to furnish a vacation rental. But, it is something you have to do with forethought and planning in order to make it as appealing as possible.
For more information about renting a home or selling your home, please contact Brendan Maughan and his team at http://teamparadisepropertymanagement.com/