News By Tag
News By Location
Concrete Cutting Sydney Guide for Working with Concrete Saws
By: City Cut
For this reason, if you have a concrete cutting job or are interested in concrete cutting in general, we have prepared a concrete cutting Sydney guide for you. This way you can improve your knowledge and understanding of concrete saws.
1. First of all, you have to do an inspection on the worksite and estimate where you will use the concrete saw and which parts will require cutting by hand. Sometimes within the concrete, there are steel bars that you have to take into consideration when cutting the concrete.
2. All the cables, water or gas lines within the cutting area, should be disconnected.
3. Working on bigger projects would require having an extra concrete saw in case there is a defect in the first one. This way the work can continually happen, without any need to stop.
4. You should always have various types of blades, as well as spare ones to keep on working if there is a blade that is damaged and needs to be changed.
5. If there are several workers handling a concrete saw, all of them should be well trained and precise when dealing with the saw. There is no place for making mistakes.
6. For working in a dusty area, you can use a wet blade to manage the dust that would fly around.
7. For precise cuts, diamond blades are your best choice. However, before using this type of blade for precision cutting, you should use it on an abrasive surface to remove the protective coating on the blade. As a result, you'll get a thinner, clean cut.
8. You should pay attention to the cutting depth and do it with pauses after deep and long cutting. If you put in strength in the cutting, you will slow down the concrete saw and wear down the blades. Bear in mind that using force won't cut the cement faster.
Applying the above-mentioned tips when working with concrete saws will keep the tool in good working condition as well as provide a positive outcome from the action. In the end, it's all about the skills, precision and safety measures that are taken when cutting concrete.
For more information, feel free to check out the concrete cutting Sydney (http://www.citycut.com.au/
61 2 0418 863 739