News By Tag
News By Location
Versasec's Unveils vSEC:CMS S-Series 5.7; Enables User Management of WHfB Credentials
Updated identity and access management software includes support for OpenID Connect; more easily verifies user enrollment credentials; adds support for new cards and tokens
vSEC:CMS S5.7 also now includes support for OpenID Connect (OIDC) which allows for secondary user authentication in self-service workflows for credential issuance and unblock, for example. This change enables the interaction with all OIDC-compatible Identity Providers (IdP).
The new version also has an added backend check (conducted against a primary device owner's database) that helps verify users requesting to enroll credentials, enabling better control of which users may enroll which credentials on which managed device or devices.
Other enhancements found in vSEC:CMS 5.7 include the following:
* Availability in a 64-bit version that allows for integration with 64-bit Thales/Gemalto Data Protection on Demand (DPoD).
* Ability to initialize tokens with the CryptoVision PKI applet during smart card registration.
* Added or improved support for smart cards including Thales MultiApp V4x, Thales eToken 5110 CC (940), and Thales IDPrime PIV 2.1.
* Functionality for configuring whether a smart card should be automatically revoked before self-service issuance.
* Added a new feature for testing graphical card layouts when issuing smart cards with a smart card printer.
* Updated user interface and experience on the operator console.
* Offers options that allow users to configure which characters will be used when the system generates PINs during smart card initiation.
Other enhancements include search speed improvements, support for additional PIN policies, enhanced credential import capabilities and more.
"Version 5.7 of vSEC:CMS is one of our most ambitious releases to date with many important enhancements and updates. Most exciting, though, is our ability to really enhance the experience for Windows Hello for Business users who, through 5.7, can truly take advantage of everything WHfB has to offer around strong user authentication,"