Improved Connection Pooling & Thread safety in ODBC Drivers
Devart introduced a large update of ODBC Drivers. Thread safety, improved compatibility with sandboxed applications for macOS, and enhanced connection pooling — these and other enhancements are already available to users.
Thread safety is provided in ODBC drivers for ASE, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Azure, SQLite, and SQL Server. Now they manipulate shared data structures in a manner that ensures that multiple threads behave properly and are executed concurrently without unintended interaction.
Performance of obtaining metadata is vastly improved in ODBC drivers for cloud applications:
Connection pooling is enhanced in all ODBC drivers (https://www.devart.com/
Other updates also include:
• Improved compatibility with sandboxed applications for macOS
• InterBase driver got better compatibility with InterBase 6.x, 7.0
• MailChimp driver now supports the MailChimp API 3.0
• Token-based authentication was supported in NetSuite driver
• Oracle 19c database and client were supported in ODBC driver for Oracle
• PostgreSQL driver now supports Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL
• The Direct mode in SQLite driver is now based on the version 3.27.2 of the SQLite engine
Devart is one of the leading developers of database tools and administration software, ALM solutions, data providers for various database servers, data integration and backup solutions. The company also implements Web and Mobile development projects.
For additional information about Devart, visit https://www.devart.com/