Follow on Google News
TEDxTemecula 2019 Speaker Lineup Promises Elevated Experience
Seven local futurists and storytellers to deliver TED-style talks at eighth annual conference
"We're delighted to bring this conference to the region for its eighth consecutive year," says Jim McLaughlin, Organizer, TEDxTemecula. "We're never short on finding local visionaries with bold ideas. This year is no exception."
The talks given at the annual TEDxTemecula conference are intended to spark curiosity and challenge the audience's ideas around global topics, from education to technology to the far-flung regions of the universe. The event aims to inspire, entertain, and elevate conversations in the region.
The 2019 speakers include:
· Mary St. John-Putnam, Author, Instructor: Mary enjoys combining her strong science and software development background with her quirky sense of humor to translate complicated technical concepts—with the goal of making them more accessible to everyone.
· Leonard Szymczak, Educator, Psychotherapist, and Writer: Leonard has been on the vanguard of men's health in Australia and America for 35 years. An educator, psychotherapist, and award-winning author of four books, he directed a Family Therapy Training Program in Sydney and later worked with the Family Institute at Northwestern University.
· Pablo Thomas Mora, Professional Kid: Pablo has been home-schooled both in America and abroad. He has a love of learning that drives him to embrace struggle and do more work than is expected or necessary. He is currently working with the Temecula Entrepreneur's Exchange to develop a company that sells authentic international meal kits. He studies architecture, writing, and artistic anatomy at home.
· Don Miller, CEO of Crosswired Science, Director of Wonders Science: Don teaches kids fun, deep science in local cities, Temecula being one. He recently created a new online science program. He worked with the VP of Apple computers from which he began a grassroots push in science with each of his 8 kids joining in the pursuit.
· Sarah Hoggan, DVM: Sarah has worked as an emergency doctor throughout her veterinary career. She feels her most important task as an emergency doctor is translating the medical diagnosis and clinical situation into a more understandable context for the family so they can make decisions feeling empowered instead of overwhelmed.
· Bryan Reece, Ph.D., Former College President, Norco College: Bryan has a documented record of moving community colleges in directions that improve the academic success for students across all groups and has particular expertise with student populations from historically under-served communities.
· Jason Reid, Serial Entrepreneur, CEO Coach, Author, and Documentary Film Maker: Jason has been married for 26 years and is the proud father of four amazing children. Jason lives his life with passion and focus and believes that ordinary people can (and do) change the world.
One conference attendee said about past speakers, "Their stories were personal, touching, heartfelt and ran the gamut of human emotions and experience. We laughed, we cried. We lived the human experience through those experiences of these same speakers. The young ones, the mature ones. All were very touching."
The event will be held from 10am to 4pm, with presenters speaking for no more than 18 minutes each. A lunch is included with the ticket and provided by local E.A.T. Marketplace.
A separate ticketed event, the Speakers Reception, will be held immediately after, featuring time to engage in conversation with speakers and enjoy local Temecula Valley wine and charcuterie provided by E.A.T. Marketplace.
Tickets are available at www.tedxtemecula.com.
Early-bird pricing expires September 3.
To learn more about the TEDxTemecula event, participate, and see past talks, visit http://www.tedxtemecula.com.
Since 2012, TEDxTemecula has brought dynamic speakers and performers to an engaged audience. With fresh ideas on technology, entertainment, design, health, education, the arts and more —TEDxTemecula speakers inspire, delight, and teach us about our past, present, and future. TEDx events are independent events operated under a license from TED. Local businessman and community advocate Jim McLaughlin is the licensee for TEDxTemecula and leads a team of volunteers to produce the conference each year. All TEDxTemecula talks are videotaped and posted on YouTube for the world to view. The best talks could get elevated to TED.com.
For further information on TEDxTemecula, visit www.tedxtemecula.com. For press inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 951-225-2179.
About TEDx, x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TED Talks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading, often in the form of short talks delivered by leading thinkers and doers. Many of these talks are given at TED conferences, including our annual gathering in Vancouver, as well as TEDWomen, intimate TED Salons and thousands of independently organized TEDx events around the world. Videos of these talks are made available, free, on TED.com and other platforms. Audio versions of the talks from TED2019 will also be published to TED's podcast TED Talks Daily, available on Apple Podcasts and all other podcast platforms.
TED's open and free initiatives for spreading ideas include TED.com, where new TED Talk videos are posted daily; TEDx, which licenses thousands of individuals and groups to host local, self-organized TED-style events around the world; the TED Fellows program, which selects innovators from around the globe to amplify the impact of their remarkable projects and activities; the Audacious Project, which surfaces and funds critical ideas that have the potential to impact millions of lives; TEDSummit, which gathers the most engaged members of the global TED community for brainstorms, discussions, performances, workshops and an eclectic program of mainstage talks; and the educational initiativeTED-
Follow TED on Twitter at http://twitter.com/
Account Email Address Account Phone Number Disclaimer Report Abuse
Page Updated Last on: Aug 30, 2019