Storage Made Easy launches a new game changing release of its multi-cloud solution
The Enterprise File Fabric v1906 release includes new and innovative features for faster synchronization and indexing for Big Data sets, easier governance and compliance practices for users and quicker ransomware attacks recovery; among many others.
This upgraded version of the Enterprise File Fabric incorporates a series of original new features that include:
• FASTER SYNCHRONIZATION AND INDEXING: Provider synchronization is now up to 250 times faster, including initial synchronization and resynchronization. Content indexing (Solr) is also significantly faster. This makes it quicker to index and work with extremely large data sets.
• NEW MICROSOFT ONEDRIVE CONNECTOR: A new Microsoft OneDrive connector unifies the original OneDrive (Free) and OneDrive for Business providers and includes many improvements including support for uploading very large files.
• TEAM FOLDER PERMISSION REPORTING: Governance and compliance is now easier with a new Shared Team Folder Permission Reporting page. Auditors can see and export, for each or all users, explicit and inherited permissions for each folder. Access is from the Shared Team Folders page.
• CONTENT INTELLIGENCE:
• FOREVER FILE NOW SUPPORTS FOLDER LEVEL RECOVERY: Recovery from a ransomware attack or accidental change is now much easier with the File Fabric's Folder Level Recovery functionality.
• INSTANT COMPLIANCE HEALTHCHECK:
• SET QUOTAS FOR FOLDERS: You can now set usage quotas on folders managed by the File Fabric, helping companies to manage their storage capacity and prevent unexpected costs.
• PREVIEWS AND THUMBNAILS FOR MORE DOCUMENT TYPES: Need to preview PSD's, RAW files, TIFFs and more? The File Fabric now supports 50 more types of files for previews and thumbnails.
• PERMALINKS FOR FOLDERS: Permanent links for folders, for authorizes users, can now be generated from within the Cloud File Manager.
James Norman, Engineering Manager of SME, said: "This release delivers a significant step-up in performance, reliability and functionality for our customers and end-users. The raft of new features deliver value to use-cases focusing around big-data, digital media asset management, compliance and cybersecurity. The teams have worked hard to deliver new functionality alongside significant performance improvements to the core of the application, and we consider this one of our most significant releases to-date."
* Check out the complete list of new features here: https://docs.storagemadeeasy.com/