- July 19, 2019
-- today announced the NEW dBASE® 2019 – Optimized Edition, the latest version of the legendary dBASE™ database applications development management system. The new dBASE® 2019 brings new levels of reliability and usability, with a key feature called Motifs.
The new dBASE® 2019 Optimizes the developer's experience and is focused on 5 major areas of the product:
Pricing and Availability
- NEW and Updated IDE Support – dBase has optimized almost every aspect of the IDE. This includes new support for Motifs and new support for custom fonts, colors, and sizes. These get used by the optimized menus, tabs, status bar, and Inspectors, which makes it so much easier to read. It also includes optimized menus on all aspects of the dBASE® 2019 product.
- New and Updated Compiler functionality – This is hidden from most developers, but when you need it, it needs to be there. Optimizing the compiler to work faster and support larger code files is very important. Plus, the optimization has increased the speed of the compiler on large source files.
- New and Updated Editor Features – The first feature is the NEW Surround functionality. It truly changes the way you develop software. We now have full Bookmark support built-in and we have streamlined the access by totally revamping the context menu in the editor. We have increased the capability of the Find In Files function.
- NEW and Updated Components – dBASE® 2019 is excited to release the new ArrayRowSet non-visual component. This was one of the most requested features of all time, with the ability to use Arrays as data sources. In addition, we also added additional features to other components as well.
- New and Updated ADO support – dBASE® 2019 brings additional optimizations with ADO. We have fixed a number of outstanding issues and as the compiler, many of the updates are in the underlying code.
- Quality! dBASE® 2019 is built on the quality of the prior release, which means the quality is even better than before and we have fixed many additional issues since that last release!
The price for dBASE® 2019 is $499
(USD) for new users and $399
(USD) to upgrade from existing dBASE products. dBASE®
2019 is available today on Windows Vista and above operating systems including the latest Windows 10 service.About dBase, LLC
The company's flagship product, dBASE, was the world's first widely used relational database management system and is still used by millions of software developers and others worldwide. For more information about dBase, LLC and its data management products, visit http://www.dbase.com