Is a Glass Facade for Kitchen a Good Idea?
The use of glass in the interior has been popular for many years.
By: EURO Windows and Doors MFG
A kitchen is a special place in the house. We use it for cooking food and, very often, eating. This means that there's more dirt than anywhere else in the house. However, facades for the kitchen made of glass have many benefits even for such a specific space. Still, there are some drawbacks too.
The Benefits of Glass Facade for Kitchen
Glass facades for kitchen can give it a fancy look and bring out some style. Transparent doors enlarge the space visually and make it look lighter and more refined. They also have the following benefits.
• Eco-friendly - glass is a natural material that isn't toxic and, therefore, is absolutely safe for all the house inhabitants.
• Easy to clean - the perfectly smooth surface of glass makes cleaning it easy and fast (of course if you do it regularly). But you should never use abrasive substances for this to avoid damaging the surface.
• Resistibility - glass can handle temperature fluctuations and increased humidity. This also makes it a good material for kitchen tables.
• Universal compatibility - glass facades come in various designs and look good in combination with other materials, such as wood and metal.
The Drawbacks of Glass Facades for Kitchen
Of course, there are certain drawbacks to glass. However, each one of them has a solution. It's up to you to decide whether it is an option for you or not.
• Fragility - some glass facades are easily broken. If you have a big family with kids and playful pets or like to throw parties at your house, this can be dangerous. You can choose details made of tempered glass in this case - they are more resistible.
• Poor visibility - if you want to have your glass facade transparent, it's very easy not to notice a closed glass door and get injured. This especially concerns frameless constructions in houses where small kids or pets live.
• Price - glass is not cheap, especially if you want some decoration added to it that requires the work of a designer. The furniture is also expensive because it needs to be super-safe and well-built.
• Higher maintenance - glass is such a material where any little stain will be very noticeable. Aluminum glass facade systems (https://www.eurowindowsmfg.com/
Frameless or Not?
Frameless glass construction looks very neat, but for a house, it's a questionable option. If you have no children or pets, you can have a frameless construction, but if you do have them or plan to have in the future, it's better to choose a safer option - an aluminum or wooden frame.
EURO Windows and Doors MFG
2545 Stillwell Ave, 1st Floor,
Brooklyn, NY 11223