Arapahoe County Fair Cures What Ales You
Summer Fun at the County Fair Celebrates Artisan Food & Beer
By: Arapahoe County Government
Craft Brew Festival guests are invited to enjoy unlimited sips and snacks from many local craft breweries, including:
38 State Brewing
Bent Barley Brewing
Blue Spruce Brewing
Blue Tile Brewing
Copper Kettle Brewing
Crazy Mountain Brewing
Dead Hippie Brewing
Iron Mule Brewery
Launch Pad Brewing
Liberati Restaurant & Brewery
Peak to Peak Tap & Brew
The Brew on Broadway
Welcome Home Brewery
In partnership with the Aurora Home Brewers Associationand Colorado State University Extension, the Arapahoe County Fair Homebrew & Food Festival offers attendees educational opportunities to learn how to join the industry, tips and tricks from established DIY'ers, and samples of brews and foods.
WHAT: The Craft Brew Festival will feature a Taster's Choice and Judge's Choice Award.Guests are encouraged to vote for their favorite brewery to win the Taster's Choice honor.
● New this year, a panel of judges will evaluate each brewery on their display and decor to determine the Judge's Choice winner. Criteria for this award is based on design, creativity, and uniqueness. Both awards will be announced at the Craft Brew Festival.
● Guests of the Craft Brew Festival can also enjoy the sounds of Strings In the Box (https://www.facebook.com/
Equally as fresh and exciting is the award competition at the Homebrew & Food Festival, anAmerican Homebrewers Association/
● Homebrewers must use ingredients available to the general public and produced without using commercial facilities/supplies to enter their beer in this competition.
● Guests can sample beer while mingling with the brewers who created the delicious drafts!
● The food portion of the event celebrates cottage food entrepreneurs, from locally made baked goods to jams and preserves, hundreds of guests will munch on tasty treats.
● Cottage food exhibitors can also sell bagged or sealed product for fairgoers to consume offsite.
● The event hosts educational opportunities to whet attendee appetite for joining the homebrew and food industry.
No summer night is complete without live music and fireworks, with the main stage featuring 12 different bands. In addition to these events, the Arapahoe County Fair hosts a carnival, Mexican rodeo, Professional Rodeo Cowboy Association-
WHEN: The Arapahoe County Fair is July 25 - 28, 2019.
● Craft Brew Festival July 26, 5-9 PM
● Homebrew & Food Festival July 27, 12-5 PM
Each festival is a separate ticketed $20 event. General admission is $15, with a $10 parking cost.
WHERE: Arapahoe County Fairgrounds & Park, (https://goo.gl/
● Tickets are on sale NOW at the Arapahoe County Fair website: http://bit.ly/
● Craft Brew and Homebrew & Food Festivaltickets are sold separately from Fair admission.
● Guest entry to the Craft Brew and Homebrew & Food Festivals is limited to adults aged 21+.
● Fair admission includes carnival rides, live entertainment, games, and countless programs and activities.
WHY: A summer tradition since 1906, the Arapahoe County Fair celebrates the community's heritage and offers family fun for all ages.
The Fair would not be possible were it not for the support of Arapahoe County Fair sponsors and volunteers. Sponsors include: Extraction Oil & Gas, City of Aurora, ConocoPhillips, Orica, Arapahoe Park and Recreation District (APRD), Potestio Brothers Equipment, Waste Management, Boot Barn Petting Farm, Global Travel Network, City of Littleton, City of Centennial, Xcel Energy, Alliance Construction, GH Phipps, Anadarko Petroleum, Breckenridge Brewery, E-470, Intergroup Architects, HomeAdvisor, Dove Valley Metropolitan District and ManCan Wine.
Arapahoe County Fair Homebrew & Food Festival Home Brew Competition Sponsors include: Bent Barley, Launch Pad Brewery, the Brew Hut and the Aurora City Brew Club.
Connect with Arapahoe County
Fan of the Fair? Visit https://www.arapahoecountyfair.com/
Stay informed and provide your input about Arapahoe County Government. Sign up for updates via Arapahoe County's Notify Me Link (http://www.arapahoegov.com/
Yvette Yeon & Leslie Horna