Post-Mortem of Pico Technology
Can you Imagine roaming around in this Skin-Melting heat In a NON-AC car and then Entering a building with No light , AC or fan. Sounds Terrible, RIGHT ?
Thanks God science and technology has made our lives so comfortable and Of course I had AC in my car too
Similarly the Technology is proving itself to be a big blessing in Aesthetic market, If you remember, my last letter spoke about Q-SWITCH lasers and my experience with them, and, I Promised to do a Post-mortem of pico technology in this email .
I am sure you must be meeting Medical Representatives like me every day and We all tell you about Pulse-width , Fluence and Many other technical facts which claim that Our machine is the best.
But I have a bigger Question to address, Is your Decision Solely based on
• Technical Parameters , or
• Results and Efficacy , Or
• What's Trending in the market ( colleagues, conferences , clients )
Last month I visited a doctor who was obsessed with his latest possession : a pico pulsed width Q-switch Which he acquired for more than 170,000 USD and as His enthusiasm rubbed on me , we celebrated that Evening at a nice restaurant. I was extremely happy for his new toy.
On my way home, I wondered why he didn't buy from me when my Laser is less than Half the Price than that Bulky looking over-priced machine and Since I am his well wisher , I just hoped he can recover this HUGE HUGE investment.
I put myself in his shoes and wondered Why I would Never buy that machine for my own clinic :
1) . As an engineer I understand What is Pico pulse width Let me share my knowledge on Same Most of our Q-switch ND YAG laser work on NANO that 1/1000000000 SECONDS ,That means , that they are 1 billionth of a second , So literally every Shot that was exposed to the skin was less than one billionth of a second .
In such small exposure time, Even though the Energy if in Milli-Joules, It is shot with a Flux of a bullet on the SKIN and The intense power liberated from this shot Sactters the Pigment in to Smaller Pigments .
We could See appreciable Results in 5 -6 sessions for Tattoo, Pigmentation or Melasma and similar pigments, Depending on the Pigment colour we selected the wavelength.
The Advantage of PICO technology is that it further makes the pulse with 6 times SMALLER which many people Refer as faster , because smaller pulsed width means lesser time and henceforth More stronger the FLUX
So the Pulse width become 1/1000000000000 second, it becomes 6 times smaller but almost 9 times stronger.
In layman terms if NANO pulsed with Laser was just a normal Automatic Gun, then Pico can be like the Kalashnikov or AK47 Both will kill the pigments but the difference is that Pico will Hit the Pigment at
A) Pigment level
B) Acoustic pressure level
C) Cellular level
Just Imagine that if the Pigment took 6-9 Sessions earlier will only take 2-3 sessions now to disappear, Undoubtedly PICO is a breakthrough technology and it is UNPARALLELED in Pigment management and You will agree there is a big difference between Nano and Pico Pulse with , But technically I can tell you The difference between a PICO pulsed width laser working on 2pico seconds ( 2PS ) or 7( PS ) or 9PS will be Just minimal if any, when it comes to efficacy.
1) My question is are you Willing to Spend another 100,000 USD for a technical parameter ?? Probably I would not do that . I know this email is Getting a bit long but I want to touch another 2 points before I continue the discussion in another email .
2) If you have read everything word by word , you might have noticed that there is a BIG Difference between NANO and Pico pulsed Width lasers but amongst pico pulsed width laser 2PS , 7PS or more will not make much of a difference other than you spending Thousands of more dollars .
3) What's Trending in the Market ?
A very successful doctor who bought picolase from me gave me a valuable advice, Keep your EYES on what's trending in the market And be the first to get it and you will always be in business .
I feel he's absolutely right and I make it a point to follow his advice, Pico is definitely trending now and my advice is to GET ONE immediately but I also believe that do not " GET AN ELEPHANT which is difficult to Keep and FEED "
For Example : You can consider an affordable system like Picolase which will bring you the Trending business and Technology And since you bought it at an Excellent price you can Reap PROFITS
4) BRAND : Well I do understand that some People do Love brands and honestly so do I For Example a Louis Vuitton Bag comes at a price and we buy the same piece of leather which we could get much cheaper at An absolute price to stroke our own Ego and like. It may win us some compliments but rarely will bring us business.
I know many of you might not agree with me and you don't need to, This is my point of view based on working with many Successful clinics and doctors over the past 15 years . These ideas are derived from the way they work and run successful profitable aesthetic practices.