Announcing the New Forest Activity Taster Day
By: Go New Forest
They include guided bike rides, luxury yachting on the Solent, archery/axe throwing and crossbow shooting, paddle boarding, guided walks and kayaking to name just some.
Comments Anthony Climpson, Chief Executive of Go New Forest: "Whilst the New Forest is famous throughout the UK for its natural beauty and our free-roaming ponies, not everyone is aware of the enormous variety of activities on offer, hence the Taster Day.
"To make the whole experience more personal, each activity session will have no more than 10 participants, and they have been co-ordinated to enable people to enjoy as many sessions during the day as possible, by minimising travel times and logistics between each different location. The taster sessions are also at a lower price than a full session would cost."
Here's a rundown of all the 'Taster' activities:
· Escape Yachting: 2-hour taster sail on a luxury yacht on the Solent (£49 pp)
· Insight Activities: 'Medieval Trio' A 2.5hr Archery with Axe Throwing and Crossbow shooting experience (£20 pp)
· New Forest Paddle Sport Company: one-hour paddle board taster session (£10 pp)
· New Forest Activities (a choice of four activities): 2.5-hour kayaking session (£27 pp), 1.5 hours archery (£17 pp), 1.5-hour Canoe Explorer (£27 pp), 2- hour Woodland Adventure Day (£42 per adults, £17.50 per child)
· Fuzzacker Guided Walks: A choice of four guided walks of approximately 2- 3 miles (£5 pp). Well-behaved dogs welcome
All the sessions can be booked direct via the website www.thenewforest.co.uk under the 'activities' tab. The website also lists a wide variety of accommodation for those who wish to stay in the forest and make a short break of the experience.
Mick Thompson, Travel Dog PR