Help Homeless Babies: Join the Essentials Drive!
Metro Atlanta drive to help homeless babies and their moms this Mother's Day.
By: HomeAid Atlanta
"Without being able to meet the basic physical needs of our children, we would not be able to work beyond that to meet their social, emotional, educational, and developmental needs. This allows us to work with children and their families to reach a place where they are no longer concerned for day to day necessities, but contributing to society and living lives that go beyond their next meal, diaper, or bath," said Stacey B. Jones, Children's Services Leader at Atlanta Mission.
Just before Mother's Day, Atlanta-based UPS will collaborate with HomeAid Atlanta for the thirteenth year to assist with delivery of donated items. All donations go to local nonprofit organizations that provide housing and supportive services to homeless infants, toddlers, and their families.
It's easy to get involved with the Essentials Drive and make a difference!
· Donate new diapers, wipes, baby formula, or baby food to the Essentials Drive. Visit www.homeaidatlanta.org for a map of over 50 Atlanta-area drop off locations.
· Shop for donations online via HomeAid's Target and Amazon baby registries. Type "HomeAid" for the registrant's first name, and "Atlanta" for the last name. Shipping charges may apply.
· Financial contributions to purchase baby items are accepted via www.homeaidatlanta.org, (click DONATE).
This year, donations will go directly to the following organizations and the families they serve:
· Action Ministries
· Atlanta Children's Shelter
· Atlanta Dream Center
· Ceek 2 Fulfill
· City of Refuge
· Crossroads Community Ministries
· Decatur Cooperative Ministry
· The Drake House
· Family Promise of Hall County
· Forsyth County Family Haven
· Helping Mamas
· House of Dawn
· Nicholas House
· Our House
· Rainbow Village
· Salvation Army- Red Shield Services
· Solomon's Temple
· United Methodist Children's Home
All donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law. To learn more, visit www.homeaidatlanta.org or contact HomeAid Atlanta at 678.775.1401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
HomeAid Atlanta, founded in 2001, is a nonprofit organization that builds new lives for homeless families and individuals through housing and community outreach. HomeAid works in partnership with the building industry, as well as community building organizations, to assist people experiencing homelessness. To date, HomeAid Atlanta has completed over 120 housing, remodel and care day projects at locations that serve victims of domestic violence, teen mothers, veterans and more. HomeAid is the designated charity of the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association. Learn more at www.homeaidatlanta.org.