Just Released: 2019 Volunteer Management Progress Report - Tech Edition
Four Years of Global State-of-the-Industry Volunteer Management Trends for Nonprofits, Charities, Government Agencies & Membership Associations
Of the report's findings, VolunteerPro founder Tobi Johnson said, "We explored the current digital maturity of volunteer administration and our use of technology to engage and foster relationships with volunteers. Around the world, mobile screen time has surpassed the desktop for audience attention, and the internet is a primary source. It is now more important than ever that we keep pace and communicate using modern, relevant channels."
Global Data Now Available on Nonprofit Volunteer Management Best Practices & Trends
The research is important to both the nonprofit industry and public sector, as it contains rarely studied information on the challenges, successes, and intentions of volunteer managers in a broad range of industries and cause types. In its fourth year, the report compares data and establishes important trends and benchmarks within the field.
Specifically, the Volunteer Management Progress Report unveils:
• Current capacity levels for volunteers placed around the world
• Net Promoter Ratings for the most widely-used volunteer management software platforms
• Current technology platforms, tools, and frequency of use
• Top challenges for volunteer management professionals
• Competency ratings for volunteer management and tech skillsets
• Salary and budget trends cross-tabbed by agency characteristics
According to one respondent, "I believe that the profession of volunteer managers/coordinators is headed in the right direction. I feel like we must continue fighting for recognition for our roles as professionals, as well as acknowledgment that our roles can be vital to the health and well-being of our organizations."
For more information, go to: https://volpro.net/
Contact: Tobi Johnson
President & Founder