Exciting and Informative Workshops Confirmed
NAAFA announces the latest additions to our 50th Anniversary Conference workshops. Enjoy presentations about past accomplishments and new research as well as learning how to paint, perform yoga moves and dance!
An exciting variety of presenters have stepped forward to share their expertise with our attendees:
· Interested in starting your own business? The founder and CEO of the Babydoll Beauty Couture brand Jamie Lopez will conduct a workshop sharing what motivated and challenged her and how you too can start your own business.
· Dr. Christopher Salute from Long Island University, founder of Bold Media, Inc., will share from the results of his research into weight discrimination in the workplace in the digital age, using mock "Linked In" profiles and asking people whether they would hire plus men and women. He will be joined by Recruiter Kelly Lough and HR Director Stephanie Hall, both from Las Vegas, for a Q & A following the presentation.
· Aby Deal, Body Positive Influencer, and Crave LV, a women owned, size acceptance, party promotion company specializing in size acceptance events in Las Vegas, Nevada will sponsor a fun and lively movement workshop.
· Danielle Schwartz, a Las Vegas Curvy Yoga instructor at Vagabond Yoga, is offering a Chair Yoga for Beginners class. Chair Yoga is a gentle hatha yoga class that is performed while seated and/or with the aid of a chair. In this chair yoga class, you can expect to learn poses accessible to everyone.
· Dr. Deah Schwartz is co-author Leftovers. This off-Broadway show was produced in 1980's and was staged for many years at festivals and black box theaters. Leftovers explores the impact of the diet mentality and weight-driven culture in which we live. Dr. Deah will introduce and share excerpts from a video of the stage play and discuss the historical significance of the play.
· Have you always wanted to attend one of those popular painting events? Arts and crafts expert Diana Morreo will guide you step-by-step through the process of creating your very own work of art. No painting experience is necessary but this class will be limited.
Our SUPER EARLY BIRD SPECIAL price starts as low as $199.00 and is available through January 1, 2019. Visit www.naafa.org today to learn more about NAAFA's 50th Anniversary Conference. Conference and hotel registration may be completed right through the NAAFA website.
Founded in 1969, NAAFA is a non-profit civil rights organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for fat people. NAAFA works to eliminate discrimination based on body size and provide fat people with the tools for self-empowerment through public education, advocacy, and member support.
On the web: www.naafa.org