Christmas Village in Philadelphia Presented by Bank of America Announces Return to LOVE Park
By: Aversa PR
Christmas Village in Philadelphia presented by Bank of America, along with the carousel in the Philadelphia City Hall Courtyard, The Made in Philadelphia Market and other holiday activities on Dilworth Plaza, has helped attract over two million people annually to Center City District. Record numbers are expected in 2018 for the market named "Best in America".
"We are thrilled to see Christmas Village in Philadelphia returning to LOVE Park this year," said Jim Dever, Philadelphia Market President, Bank of America. "LOVE Park is an iconic Philadelphia attraction, and we are proud to support the efforts the community has put into revitalizing this public space, offering the perfect location for attractions like this to be enjoyed the community."
"We are thrilled that the Christmas Village in Philadelphia tradition will return to LOVE Park again this year," said Philadelphia Parks & Recreation Commissioner Kathryn Ott Lovell. "Christmas Village is full of holiday cheer, an abundance of high-quality gift ideas, and fun attractions!"
Preview Weekend is back! Get ready for holiday sips, sights and shopping with some holiday cheer on November 17 and 18, 2018. This special two-day weekend gives shoppers their first chance to experience 2018's festival.
Over 80 vendors will be throughout Philadelphia's iconic LOVE Park. Across at Dilworth Plaza, The Made in Philadelphia Market will feature 50+ vendors. Together, shoppers will have 130 reasons to shop in Center City! With everything from ornaments, toys, apparel, jewelry, decorations, home goods, artwork, sweets and more, there will be something for everyone on Santa's list!
The huge outdoor grill hut will be back again for the second time, giving spectators an up-close view of the sausages firing up in front of their eyes! Look for the debut of Käsespätzle (soft cheese egg noodles freshly made in a cast-iron pan, decorated with onions) and different draft beers, including exclusive creations of Brewery Techne. Also, enjoy special menu additions, like Döner Kebab, Belgian fries, and try a mug of traditional German Gluhwein (spiced mulled wine served hot) or rich hot chocolate. Look for the cheese booth to return with baked cheese and critically acclaimed raclette melted cheese. Philadelphia Inquirer food critic Craig Laban said, "The force of molten mountain is strong. Add cornichons, scallions & dijon on crusty bread and you may have the greatest Alpine sandwich ever."
On top of the great shopping and dining experiences, visitors will enjoy a Wish Wall in conjunction with the Make-a-Wish Foundation, a photo spot at Santa's House presented by ACME, themed weekdays and weekends, tasting tours with Chaddsford Winery and Brewery Techne, a HoHo Happy Hour on Wednesdays, and live music during week day evenings and most of the day on the weekend.
Full details to be released mid-November. However, enjoy this preview:
* Newly renovated LOVE Park will feature additional decorations, upgraded layout and more space.
* With the addition of beer to the market, look for the debut of a new outdoor beer garden and seating area called The Alm.
* Enjoy exclusive Wine Tasting Events in partnership with Chaddsford Winery or take part in one of our new Beer Tastings with Brewery Techne.
* Meet the original Christkind from Nuremberg/Germany when she opens the market within our Grand Opening Ceremony on November 25, 2018
* Celebrate Mascot Weekend on December 1 and 2, 2018. Our mascot, Phil the Reindeer, will be accompanied by "Mascots for a Cure".
* Vendors Käthe Wohlfahrt and the Baked Cheese House (Raclette) are excited to come back with new vendors, Mike's Hot Honey, Lovepop and Momo's Tree House.
* German American Weekend will be on December 8 and 9 with German Dance Groups, a lantern parade and St. Nikolaus Day on December 6, 2018.
* Grab your friends and swing by our HoHo Happy Hour! Take advantage of discounted food, drinks and board game specials from newly opened Thirsty Dice in a relaxed after work atmosphere on Wednesdays from 4:00pm to 6:00pm.
"Christmas Village in Philadelphia has become one of the Philadelphia's top holiday traditions - and we can't be more thankful for the excitement and support we receive each and every year," said Christmas Village President Thomas Bauer. "There is no better feeling than when we see the first families arriving. Planning Christmas Village is a year-round process and we love seeing it come to life in LOVE Park."
Christmas Village in Philadelphia will open Thanksgiving Day, November 22, 2018. The official opening ceremony is Sunday, November 25, 2018. Invite your family to meet the original Christkind from Nuremberg after she officially opens the market. Grab a photo with her as she does her traditional walk through the market. In Germany, she is the person that brings the Christmas gifts to the kids, and she won't be coming to Philadelphia empty handed!
Follow @philachristmas on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or visit www.philachristmas.com for more information about the new holiday season.
Preview Weekend: November 17 and 18, 2018
First Day: November 22, 2018
Opening Event: November 25, 2018
Last Day: December 24, 2018
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 7:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 8:00pm
Thanksgiving Day: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Christmas Eve: 11:00am - 5:00pm