NEW CITY, N.Y.
- Oct. 9, 2018
-- Teething is essentially a natural part of infants' life, but this does not mean they have to undergo discomfort without any kind of relief. The common symptoms of teething may include trouble in sleeping, bad temper, loss of appetite, sore gums, excessive drooling, and certainly the urge to chew. The symptoms usually show up three to five days prior to the appearance of each tooth, which means there are several sleepless nights and cranky days. However, there are certain natural remedies available which can provide comfort to the babies, some of which are mentioned below.
· Teething Toys – Teething toys are of great help to relieve teething pain through cold and pressure. Several types of teething toys are available in the market that which are sure to attract the attention of the infants. As a parent, you should preferably look for a toy which can be chewed on easily and is made from non-toxic materials. These teething toys are usually put into the freezer to make them cold, which will offer added relief to the gums of your infant.
· Amber Teething Necklaces – This type of necklaces have become quite trendy over the past few years are preferred by a maximum number of parents as they actually help to provide relief to the infants. Amber teething necklaces are made using fossilized tree resin or amber, which comprises a compound known as succinic acid. This acid has a natural anti-inflammatory property which reduces gum irritation and inflammation. When worn on the neck, the acid gets absorbed through the skin, and it provides relief to the babies. As sore gums cause most teething pain, the decrease of this inflammation will cause teething pain relief. The best part of the amber teething necklace is that they can last for years provided proper care is taken. This amber jewelry not only comes as necklaces but also in bracelets and anklets.
· Cold Rags – Cold rags are great options to relieve sore gums. These rags combine both cold and pressure elements which provide effective relief of teething pain. These rags should ideally be dipped in water and frozen, and then they should be given to a baby to chew on especially when experience teething pain. However, it is essential to make sure that torn rags or the one with loose strings are not given to the babies.
· Teething Gloves – The teething gloves or mitts are very effective in reducing the discomfort of the babies. These gloves have textured exteriors so that when the baby chews on their hand, it offers teething pain relief. These gloves are made using special materials so that the baby cannot injure their hand while they chew on it.
· Mesh Teethers with Frozen Fruit – You can try wrapping some frozen fruit in a clean handkerchief or washcloth. You can allow your baby to chew through the chilled handkerchief or washcloth, the frozen fruit within will provide instant relief to the sore gums.
These are some of the common teething remedies which you can try to soothe and manage your infant's teething pain. All these are natural and safe for your baby, so you can certainly go ahead and try using them.http://pclearnings.com/amber-teething-necklaces-benefits-for-babies/