Doctor Who, Vampire Diaries Q&As, Creative Panels Head Programming At Wizard World Austin
'Women of Pop Culture,' Danny Trejo, Zachary Levi Q&A's, Disney Trivia, Creator Panels, 'Magnum P.I.' Exclusive Screening, Costume Contests, Cosplay Sessions All Weekend Long At Austin Convention Center, Sept. 21-23
By: Wizard World
Some highlights of the more than 50 hours of panels scheduled to date include:
· Interactive group Q&As with the casts of "The Vampire Diaries" (Saturday, 4 p.m.) "Charmed" (Sunday, 1 p.m.), and the "Women of Pop Culture" Combs and Charisma Carpenter ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer," Saturday, 2 p.m.)
· Sessions with Tennant (Saturday, 10 a.m.), Capaldi (Saturday, 12:15 p.m.), Mackie (Friday, 7:15 p.m.), Levi (Saturday, 3 p.m.), Trejo (Saturday, 4 p.m.), Kevin Sorbo ("Hercules,"
· Disney Trivia panel with Walt Before Mickey stars Thomas Ian Nicholas (Rookie of the Year) and Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite), moderated by Handbook for Mortals author Lani Sarem (Saturday, 2 p.m.)
· Voice actor sessions featuring Jen Brown and Shannon McCormick of RWBY (Saturday, 1:30 p.m.); Mike McFarland and Ian Sinclair of "Dragonball"
· An array of Ghostbuster-
· Creator sessions with industry superstars Rob Liefeld, Phil Ortiz, Tom Cook, Genese Davis, Devri Walls, Joshua Robertson, Alex Langley, Josh Lyman, Tony Kim, Dr. Travis Langley and more
· Fan-based panels on subjects ranging from Marvel vs. DC, Yokai Girls, Paranormal pop culture and more
· Exclusive premiere screening of the new CBS show "Magnum, P.I." (Saturday, 3 p.m.) with CBS merchandise giveaways and trivia contest
· Kids programming all three days, including story time, face painting, puppet shows, dance parties, magic, learn to draw, (and Kids 10 and under are free every day with paid adult)
· World-famous Wizard World Adult Costume Contest, Saturday at 7 p.m. and Kids Costume Contests on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.
· Cosplay with special guests Hendo Art, Alkali Layke, SilverLining, DevouringDark, Princess Morgan, Baroness Von T and more, throughout the weekend
· Cosplay and Industry Workshops (Pokémon, Sculpting, Special FX Makeup, Wiz-Art, Heroic Posing, Mold Making/Resin Casting), require additional ticket
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms or show floor stages at the convention center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted.
A full list of Wizard World Austin programming is available at http://wizardworld.com/
Wizard World events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. The 12th event scheduled on the 2018 Wizard World calendar, Austin show hours are Friday, September 21, 4-9 p.m.; Saturday, September 22, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, September 23, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World Austin is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening.
For more on the 2018 Wizard World Austin, visit http://www.wizardworld.com/
About Wizard World (OTCBB:WIZD)
Wizard World, Inc. (http://www.wizardworld.com)
The 2018-19 Wizard World convention schedule is available at: http://www.wizardworld.com/