Programming Highlights At Wizard World Comic Con Chicago
Ian Somerhalder, 'Women of Pop Culture,' Michael Rooker, 'Boy Meets World' Q&As, Fan Sessions, Anime Voice Actors, Creator Panels, Costume Contests, Cosplay Sessions All Weekend Long At Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, August 23-26
By: Wizard World
Some highlights of the more than 120 hours of panels scheduled include:
· Group sessions with the the casts of "Outlander" (Thursday, 2 p.m. all; Sunday, 11:30 a.m., Skelton, Rankin, Verbeek, McTavish), "The X-Files" (Saturday, 5:15 p.m.), "Smallville"
· Interactive Q&As with Rooker (Saturday, 4 p.m.), Urban (Friday, 5:30 p.m.), Somerhalder (Saturday, 2 p.m.), "Outlander" author Diana Gabaldon (Saturday, 4 p.m.), David Krumholtz ("Numb3rs," Saturday, noon), Matt Ryan ("Constantine,"
· Disney Trivia panel with Walt Before Mickey stars Thomas Ian Nicholas and Jon Heder (Friday, 4 p.m.)
· Animation panels featuring Rob Paulsen "(Pinky and the Brain," "Animaniacs")
· Anime actors panel with Maile Flanagan ("Naruto") and Amanda C. Miller ("Boruto") (Sunday, 12:30 p.m.) and "RWBY" voices Lindsay Jones (Ruby), Kara Eberle (Weiss), Arryn Zech (Blake) and Barbara Dunkelman (Yang) (Saturday, 3 p.m.) as well as various Anime themed panels throughout the weekend
· Wrestling conversations with Billy Gunn, Velvet Sky and Enzo Amore (Friday, 4:30 p.m.) and Christian, Tommy Dreamer and Road Warrior Animal (Saturday, 1:30 p.m.)
· Drawing Disney with licensed Disney Fine Artist Clinton Hobart, including an original surprise scene from "Fantasia" painting, to be raffled off to Creative Stage session attendees at the end of the show (Thursday, 7 p.m.; Friday, 1 p.m.; Saturday, 4 p.m.; Sunday, 1 p.m.); the more sessions a fan attends, the more chances to win it
· Creator-themed hours featuring industry superstars Phil Ortiz ("The Simpsons"), Joe Wos ("MazeToons")
· Fan- and professional panels on subjects ranging from self-promotion, writing to get paid, fan art, cosplay body paint, Marvel vs. DC, "Star Wars," "Star Trek" and "Doctor Who" fandom, manga, geek branding, webcomics, film and game production, "Firefly," YouTube, Dungeons & Dragons improv, Etsy, video game design and more
· Kids programming all four days, including story time, face painting, puppet shows, dance parties, magic, learn to draw, (and Kids 10 and under are free every day with paid adult)
· World-famous Wizard World Comic Con Adult Costume Contest, Saturday at 7 p.m. and Kids Costume Contests on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.
· Cosplay with special guests Hendo Art, Thousand Faces OhMySophii, Knightmage, A Smile and a Song, Lookie, Newdll and more, throughout the weekend
· Cosplay and Industry Workshops (Foam Building, Heroic Posing, Sculpting, Social Media, Molding/Casting, Wiz-Art, Weathering Weapons, Learn To Play Pokémon, Graphic Design, Worbla, Creating Characters, Cosplay Painting & Weathering), require additional ticket
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms or show floor stages at the convention center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted.
A full list of Wizard World Comic Con Chicago programming is available at http://wizardworld.com/
Wizard World Comic Con events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. The 10th event scheduled on the 2018 Wizard World calendar, Chicago show hours are Thursday, August 23, 4-9 p.m.; Friday, August 24, noon-7 p.m.; Saturday, August 25, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, August 26, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World Comic Con Chicago is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening.
For more on the 2018 Wizard World Chicago, visit http://www.wizard.com/