News By Tag
News By Location
The Four Key Points to Find the Perfect Industrial Fiber Media Converter for Your Project
By: Korenix technology
1.Search for the proven reliability or industry certification
First thing first, look for the industry certification. Different certifications guarantee the performance of the product. Such as, the IP housing protection or EN50121-4 railway applications. Also, if the media converter doesn't meet the IEEE802.3 standard, there might be compatibility issues. Furthermore, extreme temperatures, high levels of electromagnetic interference and constant vibrations are typical in an industrial environment. Make sure your device fits in the harsh environment.
2.Consider the functions and the characters you need
There are many types of media converter in the market that might confuse you, here is a list of characters you have to check before you make your decision.
• Data rate: Consider the speed that the device you are connecting needs. Such as 10/100Mbps, 10/100/1000 Mbps, 1000Mbps, etc.
• Fiber types: What type of fiber does the application acquire? Single mode, multi-mode or SFP form factor?
• Port Numbers and Types: The most commonly used port types are ST, SC and SFP. Different port types and numbers depend on the application.
• PoE Function: Power over ethernet fiber media converter can power the device in locations where main power is not available or difficult to deliver.
• Power Requirement:
• Transmission Distance: Consider your need of distance. The transmission distances of a pair of fiber media converter can also vary from 2km to 15km or more.
3.Check for the diagnostic features
You have to make sure that your device has link loss forwarding function (LLF) to forward link status change to alert remote or central management system. Some devices even provide an alarm relay to trigger out a real alarm signal for port or power event. The function can help you solve problems in time.
4.Work with a reliable partner
For the hundreds of brands in the market, it is essential to check how long has the company been in the industry. A long-term warranty or technical support can also guarantee you a vendor that you can count on for long-term success. At Korenix, we provide services worldwide and have been in the Wired and Wireless Networking industry for decades. In addition, our dedication to bring you the best solution will ensure you long-term support of your operation.
For more information visit http://www.korenix.com/
Page Updated Last on: Oct 16, 2018